XPEnology Community

Disk crash issues

Cosby

Hello all,

first of all nice to meet you. I'm using XPEnology since a couple of month. Everything is good but sometime (mostly when I do some system update) or when I reboot the system I receive the message: "Disk are crashed..." or "Volume has anomalies". I already tried to re-install the machine and to change disks but the errors are still happening. I'm using the XPEnology on an ESXi server. Do you have any idea on what is the problem and how can I fix it?

Thank you very much to all guys

Have a nice day.

Bye

Hello :smile:

More info would be helpful for someone to help you:

1) what version bootloader are you using? What version of DSM?

2) what is your hardware? Software, esxi version, ect?

3) where are you seeing this message?

4) what is the EXACT message? take screen capture if possible.

Thank you for your answer. Here more details:

- Bootloader: XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.1.iso

- DSM: DSM 5.1-5022 Update 5

- MicroServer HP (I dont remember the exact model but using 4 virtual disks i don't think the issue is in the HW configuration) with OS ESXi with 4 with 4 disks SEAGATE Barracuda 1TB, ESXI 6.0.0. I have other machines on that ESXI and none of theme are running into any kind of disk issues.

- The exact message is: Abonamality detected on Synology station. All volumes have been unmounted.

Some other times the message maybe is not the same but it is always related to disk issues

in this specific case I received this error after applied the DSM 5.1-5055 update

Many thx