XPEnology Community

How to get speeds over 1gbps?

M3kk

Question

Hello,

i have DMS 5.2 with SMB3, 2 NICs, with 2 cable to the switch, a win8.1 machine with the same config.. How I can get speed over 1gbps between them?

As i understand SMB3 multichannel should do the trick, but i still stuck at 1gbps, even the link is 2gbps on the synolo and on the win too (Adaptive Load Balancing on the Synology, the same on Win8.1). Tried without load balancing, still the same..

So.. how i could get over 1gbps between my win8.1 pc and a gen8 with xpenology?

Thanks in advice.

7 answers to this question

Have you enabled the SMB3 support in the settings of DSM (you find it under the protocols in a sub-menu)?

The client must be also a win 8.x or win 2012 server with multiple nics. On the client side the SMB3 support is enabled by default.

Hi, SMB3 Multichannel is definitely NOT supported by Synology at the moment.

I got that confirmed from Synology support. Also they are not sure, when it will be implemented.

Because all non-MS SMB implementations are based on Samba, this will be possible as soon as Samba releases this feature in their stable branch.

I've seen a dev branch, where they implemented this, but i'm not sure when/if it will hit the stable branch...