XPEnology Community

S.M.A.R.T. not availible due to loading serial/firmware

Burner1977

Hello everybody,

I have the following question. I am running te latest version of XPenology with the last 5.1 DSM version in Hyper-V.

I did a clean install recently and what I noticed is that if you look at the storage manager in DSM it can't retrieve the serial en firmware version. It keeps showing that it is loading. This results in S.M.A.R.T. not being availible.

Is this normal or can it be fixed?

Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Burner1977

I have the same issue, I'm running v5.1 Update 5 on ESXi v6 with VMDK flat files for the "system" volume and then 4 x WD Red disks passed to the VM as RDM devices.

I would attach a pic, but it appears that the boards attachment quota has been reached.

Hello agent47SG1,

Do you know if there is a possibillity to get this working. I am asking this because my previous disk crashed and if I can plan a S.M.A.R.T. check I can recieve a email notice that the disk is starting to fail or has errors.

Cheers

Burner1977

it is possible but only on physical install, if you need to run another system in parallel, you should install xpenology with phpvirtualbox to run virtual machine.

On ESXi with vsphere client you can see in healt tab the SMART information maybe there is the same thing with HyperV