XPEnology Community

Nvidia GFX for Plex hardware transcoding

thedaggert

Hello,

I hope the topic is correct.
I have installed a Nvidia 1080 GFX in my XPEnology PC to see if i could get it to work with PLEX hardware transcoding, does anyone know what i have to do to get it to work?

My spec are:

- DSM version prior update: DSM 6.2.3-25426

- Loader version and model: Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+

- Installation type: BAREMETAL - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro - Intel Core i7 7700K / 4.2 GHz Kaby Lake  - RAM 32 GB DDR4

try the forum search, i wrote a bout that, its not yet available and is only planned for 3615/17 as these two don't have hw transcoding and i already tested the driver with that kernel 3.10.105 (its likely the nvidia driver will also compile with the the 4.4.59 kernel of 918+)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thedaggert said:

Would it be able do get it working in docker perhaps?

i tried to test the nvidia driver with tthe package from synology and as plex and emby need a license (i dont have or need) i was trying jellyfin docker but that needs additional stuff that wasn't available and messing around with such complex things even without knowing its working at all ...

1st in baremetal, if that works then we will see about docker support

edit: the search is not that hard just looking for nvidia AND plex does it

https://xpenology.com/forum/search/?q=nvidia plex&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

Edited by IG-88