XPEnology Community

ssd marked as "not tested for compatilibility"

primant

I was planning on installing my xpenology on an older homebrew server I originally built for a windows storage array.

Love this site, everything everyone's doing here.

Creating my xpenology with a samsung 840evo, I couldn't use it as the installation disk as it was marked as "not tested for compatibility". Today while i'm checking everything I pulled up the SSD cache page and of course it let me add it as a cache drive for the array.

I'm kind of confused. I mostly get it, but if I used all SSD's for an array would it give the same compatibility message?

Introducing myself, i'm Primant. i've been working in the IT arena for 25+ years now, work for one of the big IT firms as a presales architect for the federal space.

Happy to be here!

On 11/6/2020 at 4:15 AM, primant said:

I couldn't use it as the installation disk as it was marked as "not tested for compatibility".

when/where did you see that message and with what dsm type and version

also the message just sounds like it would be a warning and you could proceed anyway

beside this the "database" behind this might be just a local text file and that can be extended easylie