XPEnology Community

Can we change the forum rules?

elmuziko

+1 to disabling rapid thread creation or adding more forum moderators. However, I do not believe disabling new thread creation is the way to go as that would lead to thread high jacking with new people trying to ask questions.

Hello.

I try to solve problems with spam on this week.

Make it a paid site for new members. $5 in order to see and post on the forums. That will help pay for web hosting... and if spammers want to pay $5 to spam your site, then they get banned. Win win.

Hello.

Make it a paid site for new members. $5 in order to see and post on the forums. That will help pay for web hosting... and if spammers want to pay $5 to spam your site, then they get banned. Win win.

Not a very good idea imo. Would you pay?

Hello.

Sure. It isn't much.

Hello.

Sure. It isn't much.

Really. People would defect to free sites..

A forum I browse closed during peak periods to non paying members. People ended up leaving to other sites and it disappeared from the web.

• 3 weeks later...

phpBB got some nice captchas on board by default (Q&A for example) combined with custom profile fields you can create a effective spam protection within 5 minutes.

Already wrote andy a message with the offer to help him - didn't get any response...

• 1 year later...