XPEnology Community

Hi Guys,

does anybody of you have the 5.1-5022 update 5 *.pat file for the 3615xs (which we use here as XPEnology image?

As the others of you noticed as well it seems that Synology changed again something in the latest update which renders our XPEnology setups useless. You don't only loose your volumes, the system does not even recognize attached HDD's so you could not even recreate a new volume. I would appreciate if somebody has the latest update (5022 update 5, not 5055) as it seems this one was working without any issue.

thanks and cheers

Xanthalas

Hi Guys,

does anybody of you have the 5.1-5022 update 5 *.pat file for the 3615xs (which we use here as XPEnology image?

As the others of you noticed as well it seems that Synology changed again something in the latest update which renders our XPEnology setups useless. You don't only loose your volumes, the system does not even recognize attached HDD's so you could not even recreate a new volume. I would appreciate if somebody has the latest update (5022 update 5, not 5055) as it seems this one was working without any issue.

thanks and cheers

Xanthalas

here's the file..

First install the 5022 and then this file:

http://ukdl.synology.com/download/criti ... 3615xs.pat

Unfortunately ( XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5055.1.img ) Is not working. Only makes it to XPEnoboot logo and just hangs there. Tested on 4 different USB drives even tried re downloading the image 3 times... any ideas ?

i just installed it on my 2 units, works like it should

Tried both, just hangs, either way

UPDATE....

Some drivers must have changed in new loader ! Here is what I did...

Just started with blank hard drive. Installed ( DSM_DS3615xs_5022.pat ) got the system up and running. Shut system down, Stuffed in new usb drive with ( XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5055.1.img ) Chose Install Upgrade. Managed to get to Diskstation login, But sysnology assistant does not find device. Not showing any IP etc on screen. Guess I cant use this boot image on my system.

juste did it on my 2 XPEnology was on the DSM 5.1-5022 to DSM 5.1-5055

what i did is :

toke a new usb key copy with Win32DiskImager the new image XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5055.1 and boot normal not install or update mode

login in the DSM goto update doa manual update with teh new pat file DSM_DS3615xs_5055

reboot and voila

why i toke a new usb key is juste in case i could not boot with the new xpenoboot.

after that format the usb key to the need xpenoboot to do the other one

hope it will help some

Just let imager write the new img on my usb-stick and plugged it back in and the system started normally using DSM 5022. Then manual update to 5055 with the pat-file and everything is working fine. Thanks for the new img. Good job.