XPEnology Community

After power problem router Synology is not found anymore

bonestaak

Question

I have had a problem with the modem/router of my ISP   now my Syno is not found anymore.   after starting the computer again,  i see quickly  *ds918+  and the message :  screen wil stop updating shortly.   But then nothing happens.   When i remove the usb stick  i can access  bios.   But after restart  i shortly see 3 options and the system is fast choosing 3   *DS918+  but nothing after the screen gives:  screen wil stop updating shortly.

What to do?  can i make a new  stick? or do i lost then my files?

4 answers to this question

If nothing else changed, you have a network configuration problem and nothing wrong with DSM.

Do you know the IP's of your PC, DSM and router?  What is your network mask and gateway address?

You might have to change the IP of your PC so that you can reach DSM if the router was routing between the two and now it is not.

So you can access your shares but not the webinterface? Did you try to ping your Nas by entering it‘s name, „walsynology“? What is the result? If - as @flyride said - nothing has changed then your Nas should be accessible. Does it have a static IP? If it’s static and your network config has changed (another subnet) then you should try to gain access by changing your MAC‘s IP to an address in the old subnet.