XPEnology Community

IMPOSSIBLE AMOUNTS OF BUFFERING OUTSIDE OF MY LAN

ATCRS

hi - i have an issue with access to my server from outside of my lan.

all the port forwarding is done and there is access to m emby server - however it will not stream without buffering at anyything above 144kb/s.

Its not just video buffering, the hhome screen art takes ages to load too - as do all the backgrouund images etc.

ive ruled out my ISP throttling by creating a second server on my windows laptop and it behaves as expected - using the same media files

initially, it was suggested that i uudate my version of emby as it was quite old - but never updated as it was running in a docker.

i have since {today} downloaded and installed the latest version - that is not ruunning inside a docker but am still experiencing the same issues.

using video station gives the same  ultra slow response - yet all is good from within the lan.

I may be totally wrong - but my hunch is that xpenolog somehow restricts data to the internet {hiding itself from synology?} 

could someone please point me in the right direction? and be gentle with me - i can cope with windows buut this O/S is a struggle

thanks in advance

Andy

11 hours ago, ATCRS said:

my hunch is that xpenolog somehow restricts data to the internet {hiding itself from synology?} 

No, this is definitely not the case.  There is no attempt to hide anything at all.  The FAQ recommends not using Synology cloud services for this reason.

Plus, how would Synology know it was talking to the Internet?  All it knows is a default gateway which is on your LAN.  The only thing that knows about the Internet and port forwarding is your router.

I'd check your network settings very carefully on DSM and your router.  I've seen weird things like this when the network masks are mismatched.

1 hour ago, flyride said:

No, this is definitely not the case.  There is no attempt to hide anything at all.  The FAQ recommends not using Synology cloud services for this reason.

Plus, how would Synology know it was talking to the Internet?  All it knows is a default gateway which is on your LAN.  The only thing that knows about the Internet and port forwarding is your router.

I'd check your network settings very carefully on DSM and your router.  I've seen weird things like this when the network masks are mismatched.

ok - the ip for the dsm is 192.168.1.13 i've left the port at 8096       - ive attached my port forward settings - yes i know the last entry is wrong - its left over from me configuring a second server on my laptop I will address this before continuing with your suggestions - it was not present during 90% of the other stuff i've tried  - i chheck and tweak regularly.

rouutersettings.png