XPEnology Community

messed up root or sudoers file?

ikkeenjij36

Question

Hi guys after succesful repair of storagepool with a reinstal i tried to gain root accers but meesd up something.

when i use sudo -i or -su i get this as response: >>> /etc/sudoers: syntax error near line 21 <<<
sudo: parse error in /etc/sudoers near line 21
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting
sudo: unable to initialize policy plugin

Please help me to start over again?

Edited by ikkeenjij36
typo

4 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, ikkeenjij36 said:

Please help me to start over again?

the 2nd boot option in the loader forces a reinstall with factory settings, i guess that should overwrite the the sudoers file

if not you can extract the file from the *.pat file with 7zip the hda1 von be opend too with 7zip and contains the whole file system of the root dsm system partition

you could boot a recover linux, mount the raid1 of all 1st partitions over all disks and then replace the sudoers file with the default file

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

the 2nd boot option in the loader forces a reinstall with factory settings, i guess that should overwrite the the sudoers file

if not you can extract the file from the *.pat file with 7zip the hda1 von be opend too with 7zip and contains the whole file system of the root dsm system partition

you could boot a recover linux, mount the raid1 of all 1st partitions over all disks and then replace the sudoers file with the default file

Thanks that worked,staring again lol to get root acces wiht winscp