XPEnology Community

i can't get past the 'root' login stage using ilo console

tried root and the admin password i set for the diskstation but it doesn't work. when it gets to password field the cursor doesn't move, don't know if that's meant to happen - can't see any letters going in. i've tried admin and my password as well but nothing, always says wrong information.

Is there a default root password i don't know about?

edit: figured it out, have to start in the first boot option and not the third and then login works

Edited by Guest

Cant seem to get the SMB started, have tried to restart the service. I also tried shutting down the service, rebooting ds, starting and rebooting again, anyone has any idea?

Thx helped me out alot with the guide.

I have the same Problem.

/usr/syno/etc/rc.sysv/S80samba.sh restart doesn't help, too

Syslog says:

May 14 00:30:14 DiskStation kernel: [ 567.227408] init: smbd main process (19794) terminated with status 1

May 14 00:30:14 DiskStation kernel: [ 567.227491] init: smbd main process ended, respawning

May 14 00:30:15 DiskStation kernel: [ 568.031892] init: smbd main process (19840) terminated with status 1

May 14 00:30:15 DiskStation kernel: [ 568.032005] init: smbd main process ended, respawning

May 14 00:30:16 DiskStation kernel: [ 568.845379] init: smbd main process (19886) terminated with status 1

May 14 00:30:16 DiskStation kernel: [ 568.845469] init: smbd main process ended, respawning

May 14 00:30:17 DiskStation kernel: [ 569.669708] init: smbd main process (19932) terminated with status 1

May 14 00:30:17 DiskStation kernel: [ 569.669788] init: smbd main process ended, respawning

May 14 00:30:18 DiskStation kernel: [ 570.494513] init: smbd main process (19978) terminated with status 1

May 14 00:30:18 DiskStation kernel: [ 570.494599] init: smbd main process ended, respawning

May 14 00:30:18 DiskStation kernel: [ 571.251985] init: smbd main process (20028) terminated with status 1

May 14 00:30:18 DiskStation kernel: [ 571.252063] init: smbd respawning too fast, stopped

Edited by Guest

fisrt of all, thanks you 1000 times for your help !

I didn't lose any data, conf or apps.

I just have a problem with smb, i've tryed the "9" but it's not works :sad:

Tryed the S80samba.sh restart too, nothing ... i'm really noob in linux, someone have an awesome idea to fix it ?

I had the exact same problem of SMB not working, I was able to get it running again by clearing the SMB cache:

Control Panel / File Services / [Advanced Settings] (button on Windows File Service section) / [Clear SMB cache] / [Apply]

After that it worked straight away, hopefully this wil fix your SMB problems after downgrading as well..

First of all, thank hongong3 for your great help.

I restore smb service by go to Control Panel / File Services / [Advanced Settings], click all the check box, Apply.

And then go in again and uncheck all. The smb service work again.

Hope it will work for you all.

Hi guys,

here is my final solution:

-Downgrading with hongong3 tutorial.

-Install DSM 5.1-5022 Update 5 with the online Update:

Control Panel / Update & Restore / [update Settings] checked "Important update only"

-Restart DSM

-Then clearing the SMB cache:

Control Panel / File Services / [Advanced Settings] (button on Windows File Service section) / [Clear SMB cache] / [Apply]

-Restart Windows File Service

unchecked Control Panel / File Services / "Enable Windows file serivce"

checked Control Panel / File Services / "Enable Windows file serivce"

-Restart DSM

Now everything works perfectly

Thanks to hongong3 and d3vk1dd

BRUTAL!! I must have had my XPEN rig set to AUTO update... what's funny is everything was WORKING lol!! It was not until I went to hit the box for some mgmt at the inside 192.x.x.x addy that it would not come up.

downgraded back to 5.1 update 5 holy crap... scary

all working now. damn auto updates lol

Worked for me. Installed on VirtualBox, XPEnology 5022.3 ISO hooked to virtual drive. After update the VM wouldn't boot at all.

I did as hongong3 said, then selected "manual installation", and re-downloaded the 5022 version.

Does someone know if XPEnology ISO has been updated for DSM 5.2 yet?

I had the exact same problem of SMB not working, I was able to get it running again by clearing the SMB cache:

After that it worked straight away, hopefully this wil fix your SMB problems after downgrading as well..

thanks, i did it and IT WORKS :smile:

Hello!

Please help me ! i tried hongong3 way to downgrade but my diskstation login don't work !! I tried to login with "root" but nothing ! I tried to use "admin" too but nothing !!!

Please, somebody can help me ???

( sorry for my poor english...i'm French) :mrgreen:

I'm having trouble downgrading.

This is what I've been doing so far:

1) try to install 5022

2) wait for it to fail and mention telnet

3) log in with root using 101-0101 as password

4) edit VERSION with vi, ensuring buildnumber is "5021"

5) :wq to save and quit

6) type reboot

7) reboot into install/update mode

However at this point the build number has reverted and when I try and install via Synology Assistant it tells me the current version is still 5565 and that I need to install a newer version.

What am I doing wrong that the build number reverts during the reboot?

Thanks

I'm having trouble downgrading.

This is what I've been doing so far:

1) try to install 5022

2) wait for it to fail and mention telnet

3) log in with root using 101-0101 as password

4) edit VERSION with vi, ensuring buildnumber is "5021"

5) :wq to save and quit

6) type reboot

7) reboot into install/update mode

However at this point the build number has reverted and when I try and install via Synology Assistant it tells me the current version is still 5565 and that I need to install a newer version.

What am I doing wrong that the build number reverts during the reboot?

Thanks

you must change the minorversion="1".