XPEnology Community

New Terramaster F2-221 Locked Bios

Num3

1 minute ago, dranivil said:

I haven't installed the bios mod yet.  But all I had to do is change the boot mode to legacy (but it should work on uefy + legacy).  Then I suppose that you have to change the options in CSM Options so that the usb starts automatically.  But I don't know yet, I have to do the tests yet.  I have to say that in the multiple tests I did, it has sometimes started me with the 1.04 bootloader, but the system was unstable.

You should definitely go for the BIOS mod - I held my breath as it was doing it as I imagined that I could end up with 

a bricked system. But it worked first time. 

The thing that I dont want (we all dont), is an intermittent unreliable system. I am prepared to accept a lower working 

system. Though it would be nice to get 6.2 running so as to access some additional feature. 

Thanks again and keep us in the loop as to how things work out.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have an F5-221 which is happily working on DS3615xs with DSM 6.1.7-15284 Update 3 using Jun's !.02a Loader. The only thing I needed to do in BIOS was to ensure that CSM was enabled and everything was in UEFI. Then the machine would boot from USB stick in either Internal USB 2 or External USB 3.

I like many others would like to upgrade to ds3615xs DSM 6.2.3-25426 unfortunately I am unable to find a way to do this.

I have come to the conclusion that the only way I will be able to do the above is if someone could make Jun;s 1.03b Loader work on UEFI and not Legacy. The reasoning behind this is because the BIOS of the F5-221 is locked into UEFI mode regarding the USB ports, both internal USB 2 and External USB 3.

Surely there must be some bright spark out there that can sort this out.

Regards Rocketron

Have successfully upgraded my Terramaster F5-221 from ds3615xs dsm 6.1.7-15284 update 3 to ds918+ dsm 6.2.3-25426 update 3.

I did not think it would work as the F5-221 has Dual Core J3355 CPU where DS 918+ has Quad Core J3455 but it worked.

I am a very happy Xpenologist

Regards Rocketron