XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2 is available

Yeah, thanks to those guys who made this possible. I need to read some tutz as I can get this working on vmware but trying to build using native x64 (intel) hardware doesn't get me very far. Anyway, I dont want to take this off topic, so I will research and then ask questions. Thanks again Dev's.

You mean G7 N54L only or the complete series? (N40L/N54L/N36L)?

This is a good question! I am running a N40L but am holding back until this has been clarified :wink:

I just tried booting on an HP Gen8 Microserver and had no ethernet or USB keyboard available once the login prompt was displayed. Re-loaded 5.1-5055 on the USB stick and all was back to normal. I'll wait and see how this develops but thanks for the effort so far!

You mean G7 N54L only or the complete series? (N40L/N54L/N36L)?

This is a good question! I am running a N40L but am holding back until this has been clarified :wink:

I just tried booting on an HP Gen8 Microserver and had no ethernet or USB keyboard available once the login prompt was displayed. Re-loaded 5.1-5055 on the USB stick and all was back to normal. I'll wait and see how this develops but thanks for the effort so far!

Gen8 Microserver here and the update went well..

Thanks to the devs for all their hard work getting this released! Just upgraded my HP gen 8 microserver to 5.2 and then manually did the extra patch. I *did* have a hang on that second patch (identical to WiteWulfs post), but a forced reboot brought everything up and running just fine.

Also - my tip - rather than installing Synology Assistant to do the upgrade, once you have XPEnoboot running after doing an install/upgrade option, just type find.synology.com into your remote PC/Mac browser to jump straight to the DSM install options.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you guys have the package center working with update 2 ?

Hi!

Package center fails to connect here as well. I tried to reinstall and look after all of my settings, but package center sais: unable to connect. Do you have any solution for this guys?. With 5.1 I had no have such an error. I successfully install packages manually, but it would be great if I could use Package Center as usual.

Regards.

Do you guys have the package center working with update 2 ?

Hi!

Package center fails to connect here as well. I tried to reinstall and look after all of my settings, but package center sais: unable to connect. Do you have any solution for this guys?. With 5.1 I had no have such an error. I successfully install packages manually, but it would be great if I could use Package Center as usual.

Regards.

Check your DNS settings. I've set it to 8.8.8.8 and it works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a way to fresh install latest without hurting data? I am currently already on latest but am having issues. ANYONE? :smile: please.....Sorry just not getting nightly backups done and all and am getting worried.

Thanks so much!!!

There is enough info about how to upgrade without dataloss.

Currently at mobile, so find is abit hard, will link the topic when i get home*

• 4 weeks later...
how can i install dsm without a monitor with xpe? Can I modify the syslinux.cfg to select the install button first?

Dunno if you can modify the syslinux.cfg for the purpose that you are looking for. I can say that the GRUB menu doesn't loop (ie. if you keep pressing the down key you will eventually get stuck on the last option) and the Install/Upgrade option is the last option in the menu. So you should be able to keep pressing the down key during boot and eventually you should end up on the GRUB menu and have the last option selected.