XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2 is available

Funny to see the different levels of knowlegde. Our friends find it amazing that you can run your own server with synology DSM en probaly see you as a geek. But now we are all waiting on the xpenology team to fix it. :mrgreen: It feels a bit wrong, so seriously consider a http://www.xpenology.nl/make-donation/. Is this the right link by the way where the money really goes to the team fixing this dsm5.2?

They are the real geeks. Respect to you guys and keep up the good work!!

Meanwhile, back in the batcave, Synology releases a brand spanking new update for DSM5.2.

https://www.synology.com/nl-nl/releaseNote/DS3615xs

Version : 5.2-5565 Update 1

(2015/05/21)

Fixed Issues

Fixed an issue where users could fail to join domain when the domain admin account contains specific characters.

Improved the compatibility with USB devices.

Fixed a security vulnerability to prevent cross-site scripting attacks (XSS).

Upgraded PHP to 5.5.25 to address multiple security vulnerabilities (CVE-2006-7243, CVE-2015-4021, CVE-2015-4022, CVE-2015-4024, CVE-2015-4025, CVE-2015-4026).

Improved the compatibility with 3rd party DTV applications.

Fixed an issue where SSD cache volume information may not be displayed correctly in Resource Monitor.

Fixed an issue where users with guest accounts would be unable to create new files or folders via SMB protocol.

Any news on 5.2 progress? Which boards, threads,etc are people discussing it on? Please don't take this as me being impatient I understand it takes some time. I am just wondering where I can keep tabs on any progress and maybe learn a thing or two about the process.

Any news on 5.2 progress? Which boards, threads,etc are people discussing it on? Please don't take this as me being impatient I understand it takes some time. I am just wondering where I can keep tabs on any progress and maybe learn a thing or two about the process.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5026&start=870#p37030

Are there any news from the developers about dsm 5.2?

Yes - expect a release for DSM 5.2 very soon. I'm doing some (hopefully) final testing tonight.

@Diverge: Any news about the Boot Image?

I finished my testing a couple of days ago. Our current 5.2-5565 boot image installs successfully on a variety of hardware and VMs, but we are trying to work through an issue preventing a successful boot on the HP G7 N45L hardware. This issue appears to only occur on HP G7 machines and depending on the timeline for fixing it we may release without fixing it and release a patch or fixed build once a fix can be implemented.

We know you guys are hungry, the image is almost cooked. :cool:

This is excellent news. Would be nice throughout the process though to get beta versions up, I feel as especially with 5.2 and the kernel changes, user testing could have been helpful?

Thanks for all of your hard work though dev team, it's much appreciated. I am considering donating, but I usually only donate to open source projects!!

I finished my testing a couple of days ago. Our current 5.2-5565 boot image installs successfully on a variety of hardware and VMs, but we are trying to work through an issue preventing a successful boot on the HP G7 N45L hardware. This issue appears to only occur on HP G7 machines and depending on the timeline for fixing it we may release without fixing it and release a patch or fixed build once a fix can be implemented.

You mean G7 N54L only or the complete series? (N40L/N54L/N36L)?

I'm so hungry i could eat a DS2015xs

HI, just wanted to express my thanks for your hard work on the 5.1 release and very much look forward to the 5.2 release. Great work. Just out of interest, whilst I have my 5.1 build hosted in VMware Fusion, running 2 cores +4GB ram, I want to run using quad core + more memory, is there a build that supports more power cpu's etc? Thx.

Colin.