XPEnology Community

DSM 5.2 is available

I did the downgrade

I edited the VERSION file from windows (winscp) since I had a connection to the nas

i migrated and all was kept the same, i had to clear the SMB cache

since i had a bond i had to disconnect one cable and move the other to another switch port for the nas to be found by the synology assistant, i have dhcp on my lan.

maybe this info will help someone.

Thanks for the drowngrade steps...

it looked like it worked out...

how ever, no matter what i do, i just cant get the SMB to work...

Disabling it via the "File Services" and enabling it again, dont help.. also tried via the "Info Center/Service", to no avail... there is actually says "Error" when i hoover above the enable check mark - and it is visible as a dash..

And help or pointers would be highly appreciated

thanks

Hi demon_sl,

instructions intended to connect directly to the server

you have the chance to try? Also you can try WinCP

It was a good idea, but I can see only some only few things like photo folder, www logging as admin. The one I am looking for and afraid to lose is my media folder and it ins't there :sad: . Maybe because the "File Services" ? Anyway... Should I try from zero and some how keep my files on the hard drive?

Soon there will be a new loader XPEnoboot, take your time

In any case, all your data is not deleted

Important when upgrading, always choose the type "migration"

Can you say, when we will see a new bootloader?

They've mentioned possibility for this weekend release. Patches are ready and under the final testing.

Would it be a suggestion to disable the update function in the dsm software. Just like synology on their website has a demo of their nas and you can login with admin/synology but alot of functions are ofcourse disabled.

So then people have to install it manually, so then alot of people have the time to check this forum first to see if its supported. Luckily i havent updated my two servers so im still running at 5.1 but im waiting for the fix as well :grin:

Soon there will be a new loader XPEnoboot, take your time

In any case, all your data is not deleted

Important when upgrading, always choose the type "migration"

Can you say, when we will see a new bootloader?

They've mentioned possibility for this weekend release. Patches are ready and under the final testing.

Where did they mention that?

I think I am lucky, I saw the email, didnt think anything of it about the update. Well YES my web is broken but the rest of the system is functioning properly SOOO I will just leave it as is until we can figure something out.

I am very grateful for the work the team puts in on this, I appreciate it.

I've clearly missed something with the downgrade instructions or I'm just plain dumb! :smile:

Username = 'root' but Password = ???? (I tried leaving password blank or using 'root' but no luck).

What is the 'root' password?

I can log-in under 'admin' username with the relevant password but that ultimately doesn't let me use the :wq command at the end of the process, which means the changes apparently don't save.

Also, is it :wq enter or :w enter THEN :q enter separately? Neither worked for me.

Therefore, when I attempt the Installation/migration in Web Assistant, I get the warning that "You have to use an installation file of 5565 or later. (10)"

Advice please :???: