XPEnology Community

transfering terabytes of data

karlpox

Hi,

Im using xpenology on a ESXI 5.5. I have 4 WD 3TB Reds (RDM) on the xpenology. Im trying to copy 2terabytes (2.08TB) of ISOs (around 30-50GB each) from my other vm to xpenology. The transfer crashes after 1 iso is transferred or nothing at all. Do you guys experience this as well? Is there a solution for this?

Karl

Just to add something to this, im passing through an intel nic with lacp support. So both nics are configured as a link bond/dynamic link aggregation on the xpenology. I tried destroying the bond and let the nics run individually. After which I was able to transfer 300+ worth of data without problems (not ISOs). So before I went out, I again transfered the 2TB data (ISOs) and probably after 10-20mins it failed again. No data was actually transferred while I was away.

Karl

This is the actual error I get

u6q9qlZ.png

You cant use "Try again", you just have to press skip and copy-paste the file again.

I am able to copy large amount of data if I am using my computer. But I still get the error after an hour, definitely more than if im copying from a VM.

if I use a VM (windows 7) to copy paste files into the xpenology I would get that error within 10-20mins.