XPEnology Community

Helping the community

Trantor

Hi everyone,

I'have been away for long time but I'm glad to see that the community is still alive, and some of you are working on the 5.2 beta.

I hope the XPEnoboot images will get updates.

I'm very busy and the only thing I can do for the community right now is to provide a download mirror.

Download mirror : http://download.xpenology.fr

At the moment I only uploaded XPEnoboot images.

I'm ready to give a ftp access to the dev team so they can share their works and more.

If anyone want to add something to this mirror, just tell me :wink:

Hello All,

I am just started reading up on some options for my HP media smart 490. I am familiar with Synology devices and was looking for somthing to do with the HP. I am just getting started and finding it hard to get the right images and .pat files accoring to the instructions online. I was able to download the image from Trantors site on yesterday but no .pat or zip files based on the instructions. Anyone have any new instructions on the process with viable sites links that work. Thanks!!

I was able to download the image from Trantors site on yesterday but no .pat or zip files based on the instructions. Anyone have any new instructions on the process with viable sites links that work. Thanks!!

Hi,

The pat files you can download from the Synology website, look at the older releases, do not download the 5.2 release as there is currently no boot loader for this specific version (I believe the devs are working on it).

So, you want to download the 5.1 point release, then download the 5.1 update 5 release

From there you can do the install using the point release, and then, once installed, do a manual update using the update 5 release pat file.

PS: I am new here too, but I followed the guides on how to install and update DSM in ESXi using the same above downloaded pat files.

Hope this helps you.