XPEnology Community

Torrent

wakkawakka

Not liking Download station at all and am really used to Deluge which I run 24/7 on a diff system and would like to run on my XPEN build instead.

I have googled extensively and short of adding the synocommunity which comes with Transmission (i like this even less than Download Station) I am not able to find a torrent solution.

Is anyone running or knows where to get DELUGE to run on XPEN as a package?!?! I need a bit torrent solution, badly.

I'm waiting until 5.2 which brings Docker support. Then you'll be able to run Deluge or whatever torrenting client you want inside a Docker container, and even put the torrenting client behind a VPN by using privileged containers. This is the setup that I had with rTorrent, and I'm hoping to move it over to my Xpenology box when 5.2 comes out :smile:

That sounds very promising, only concern is the delay/lag that we'd be looking at for 5.2 coming to Xpen.

I'm *really* surprised that dl station and transmission are the two main torrent clients, even for "real" Syno stuff. QNAP, Austor and others seem to have WAY more packages available.

That sounds very promising, only concern is the delay/lag that we'd be looking at for 5.2 coming to Xpen.

I'm *really* surprised that dl station and transmission are the two main torrent clients, even for "real" Syno stuff. QNAP, Austor and others seem to have WAY more packages available.

Then let's hope it's soon :grin: Because I'm pretty sure that'll be the easiest way to go about doing this :smile:

For now, if you don't mind using rTorrent/ruTorrent, there is a package over at https://synocommunity.com/package/rutorrent

I haven't tested this though, but it should work as synocommunity has some high quality packages. If you haven't tried ruTorrent before, it's very similar to Deluge but it runs in a web browser (but don't worry, it's a fully featured UI, not a minimal web UI like Transmission).

Can anyone else confirm if rutorrent does not show as a community package from synocommunity on dsm update 5?

mine does not show up. nor do a few of the other packages listed.

My list goes directly from roundcube webmail to SABnzbd

no rutorrent is listed...

Well.. I must be missing something. I have rutorrent isntalled and web service enabled. in pkg center it has http://myservername.ddns.net/rutorrent to launch it.

i click on that and it just spins and nothing happens.. i see that ru is a FRONT END so i presume I also need to actually install rtorrent and that the rutorrent pkg built into the syno community is not a one stop shop torrent solution?