XPEnology Community

Newbie with i7 2860q

Nikk

I have managed to install 6.1.7 but I do not have access from outside, I configure DDNS of no ip but it does not work, I am stuck. I can't install 6.2 either, I think it's a problem with rj45 since it doesn't turn on with 1.4b

Thanks Dfds

If I did, also to prove that that was not the reason I did a DMZ configuration for the Nas ip. The cameras and ds files are fine, but westation does not, I have already managed to load the first page of wordpress, but when I browse, it crashes.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:52 AM, Nikk said:

I think it's a problem with rj45 since it doesn't turn on with 1.4b

only a (wrong) assumption because it does not show up in network, the reason is that 1.04b (or more precise 918+ synology kernel) needs at least a 4th gen (hasswell) cpu

its documented in the tutorial section

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

the kernel just stops to boot, you might see the difference on a local console, the nasty thing with synologys kernel is that it switches to serial port console right after start, you cant tell by just looking to you monitor, with a 0-modem cable on the serial port (and putty) you would see that right after the boot menu it stops doing anything and compared with a working configuration, there would be lots of activity including driver loading messages