XPEnology Community

End od XPenology.nl?

rosiste

Poechi decided to take the site down to avoid any legal actions from Synology with the upcoming release of DSM 5.2. We are discussing as a team how to address hosting going forward.

The project is not dead or discontinued, THE PROJECT IS STILL ALIVE! In fact we are testing builds of DSM 5.2 beta.

Keep checking these forums for updates.

Poechi decided to take the site down to avoid any legal actions from Synology with the upcoming release of DSM 5.2. We are discussing as a team how to address hosting going forward.

The project is not dead or discontinued, THE PROJECT IS STILL ALIVE! In fact we are testing builds of DSM 5.2 beta.

Keep checking these forums for updates.

I think I might have misunderstood the original site some. Synology open sources their OS right? I thought they were pretty much ok with this whole thing (afterall, they're the ones publishing their source code)?

I was going to buy additional camera licenses for the Xpenology setup I just recently put together, but if Synology isn't ok with this whole thing (and they can tell by the serial number who's using one of their boxes and who's using this software) that probably wouldn't be such a good idea would it? (since they can blacklist the additional camera license at any time from a forum post I saw elsewhere)

Down the road I was even thinking if I bought a simpler to manage, packaged Synology unit (build it yourself does require a bit more work on an ongoing basis) that I could transfer the camera licenses over - but again, if they can just blacklist them at any time, and they're not ok with all this then the risk of losing the licenses probably means it wouldn't be a good idea to do right now.

The removal of that site is just horrible, absolutely horrible. The tutorials were wonderful and you can tell there was a lot of passion there by the site owner for putting it all together to help out fellow nerds and enthusiasts. I am really pissed off about it on a grand scale.

I just made a new thread looking for the CPU THROTTLE tutorial. If I was clairvoyant and could have predicted the actions of GreedNyology, Inc I would have save all tutorials in off-line mode.

I see in this thread someone posted "wayback machine" links but they are not working for me. I am seeking the CPU THROTTLE tutorial if anyone is kind enough to share it. I did download the files before Satanology came along with their "cease and desist" to the wonderful site op who was hosting PUBLIC DOMAIN / FREEWARE files and self written tutorials, but am unable to locate a tutorial from any other source. Thank you.

The removal of that site is just horrible, absolutely horrible. The tutorials were wonderful and you can tell there was a lot of passion there by the site owner for putting it all together to help out fellow nerds and enthusiasts. I am really pissed off about it on a grand scale.

I just made a new thread looking for the CPU THROTTLE tutorial. If I was clairvoyant and could have predicted the actions of GreedNyology, Inc I would have save all tutorials in off-line mode.

I see in this thread someone posted "wayback machine" links but they are not working for me. I am seeking the CPU THROTTLE tutorial if anyone is kind enough to share it. I did download the files before Satanology came along with their "cease and desist" to the wonderful site op who was hosting PUBLIC DOMAIN / FREEWARE files and self written tutorials, but am unable to locate a tutorial from any other source. Thank you.

I could save 1 tutorial... http://xpenology.azirly.nl/page/how-setup-virtualbox