XPEnology Community

DVA3219 boot loader

roysbike

Question

7 answers to this question

On 9/24/2020 at 5:40 PM, roysbike said:

Hello! I need boot loader for DVA3219 with Nvidia 1050Ti.  Please help. I can make build from source , can me link for faq? 

as above stated, no loader for this but there is a 2nd option

its possible to install syno's package "NVIDIA Runtime Library" on 3615/3617/918+ by editing the INFO and compile nvidia drivers with a version that matches what synology used as base

for the recent "NVIDIARuntimeLibrary-dva3219-1.0.1-0014.spk" it would be "NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-440.44.run" if that file is unpacked unc compiled aginst the sysnology kernel source it should be possible to use a nvidia card for transcoding

В 25.09.2020 в 21:44, IG-88 сказал:

as above stated, no loader for this but there is a 2nd option

its possible to install syno's package "NVIDIA Runtime Library" on 3615/3617/918+ by editing the INFO and compile nvidia drivers with a version that matches what synology used as base

for the recent "NVIDIARuntimeLibrary-dva3219-1.0.1-0014.spk" it would be "NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-440.44.run" if that file is unpacked unc compiled aginst the sysnology kernel source it should be possible to use a nvidia card for transcoding

I want use AI for synology surveillance station face recognition.  I install on DS3617x 

SurveillanceStation-x86_64-8.2.8-6335_DVA_3219.spk and NVIDIARuntimeLibrary-dva3219-1.0.1-0014.spk

image.thumb.png.4be05ebfbdd57e7db9988f2ff89ff1dc.png

В 25.09.2020 в 21:44, IG-88 сказал:

to use the spk you would need the nvidia kernel drivers for your system 1st, atm you would need to compile them yourself

you would need to setup the build environment like here

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7341-tutorial-compile-xpenology-drivers-in-windows-10/

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7187-how-to-build-and-inject-missing-drivers-in-jun-loader-102a/

https://global.download.synology.com/download/Document/Software/DeveloperGuide/Firmware/DSM/6.0/enu/DSM_Developer_Guide_6_0.pdf

the integration in the extra.lzma is not needed, its possible to load them by a script after booting or manually

but i don't know if its possible to use it together with surveillance station, that might need more than the nvidia package, maybe even a special license on the system

i made the driver mainly to compensate the lag of hardware transcoding videos with 3615/17 and that  would just need the kernel drivers and the spk, i could not test it as i had no license for plex or emby and they dont offer trial periods, ffmpeg (3rd party) had no nvidia support build in so i could not test either with that, i put that aside for a while but as i still have the source on my build system and most work is already done i was planning to make the  nvidia kernel drivers part of my extra.lzma and let other people do the testing

В 04.11.2020 в 22:35, IG-88 сказал:

i was planning to make the  nvidia kernel drivers part of my extra.lzma and let other people do the testing

Was it just a plan or you did it? I'm interested in this experiment and want to try my 1050ti with plex(I have their pass). So I was able to modify and install spk, but unfortunately my plays with drivers were unsuccessful. 

So I could be a tester for your extra.lzma with nvidia drivers. But definitely I'm unable to compile and build in it by myself.

without any tests and software to use it it makes no sense to sink more into this (for me)

even plex would need to be used in a older version to support the nvidia driver synology uses

for testing it seems easiest to just user the drivers from another dsm file for 918+

does not look as anyone was able to use the drivers with the spk file in any way

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/22272-nvidia-runtime-library/