XPEnology Community

if on Unlocking 5th Sata Port N54L

mccltd

I'm going to upgrade my backup N54L this weekend and was looking at adding another drive.

I see there is a Bios upgrade you need to do to unlocked/speed up the 5th data port but am also reading about people who have bricked their N54l by doing this.

is there a specific requirement/age of N54l to do this and what Bios is recommended ?

thanks.

I'm going to upgrade my backup N54L this weekend and was looking at adding another drive.

I see there is a Bios upgrade you need to do to unlocked/speed up the 5th data port but am also reading about people who have bricked their N54l by doing this.

is there a specific requirement/age of N54l to do this and what Bios is recommended ?

thanks.

set the BIOS to factory defaults before update, make sure you download the BIOS update named 041100113 (which is the latest), set all the correct BIOs settings to allow the 5th port to run at full speed... and away you go.. :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I updated the bios today and turned the options on in it, then saved the bios.

When booting up the bios post screen now shows 5 drives but once booted into the xpenology software it doesn't see it.

I have also noticed that the settings I changed in bios seem to reset themselves upon reboot.

It is setup as hybrid raid shr so I would have thought it would have picked up the new additional drive.

Any ideas?