XPEnology Community

Lost access in DSM to a number of the shared folders

Benoire

Hi,

I've got 3 HDDs in an SHR-1 config that was storing most of my data. Earlier today, the entire system (DSM update 4) became unusable and crashed. Force rebooting the machine started a consistency check on reboot and subsequently the SHR1 group became available, however I've now only got access to a small number of the shared folders that are on that SHR1 group. Trying to open up the folders, I get an 'Operation Failed' in Filebrowser and I cannot access the shares at all, even the ones that work, over the network.

The Storage Manager still says I'm using 1.28TB out of 2.9TB which was about right so I don't know what is wrong. Is there anyway I can get access to all the data on the HDDs, or get a parity repair (I've run parity consistency check already once!).

Thanks for any help!

Chris :sad:

Ok so the group isn't dead. Running MDADM in Ubuntu has allowed me access to those directories that wouldn't show in DSM... Might need to reinstall DSM by the looks of it, unless running mdadm in Linux will recover the system enough for DSM to pick it back up again?