XPEnology Community

Having some issues with new XPEnoboot setup, please help!

neuro1

Hi everyone, this is my first xpenology build and I am running into 3 issues.

1. Every time I restart my server, I keep getting an error saying my drives should be changed to IDE mode. I have tried to change it to AHCI and choose "not installed" for each of the hard drives, but on restart the settings go back to IDE.

Is there a fix for this issue?

2. I cannot get my DDNS to work out correctly from Synology. I read on the forum that I need to enter serial and/or MAC address in order to get this to work.

It is mentioned on the forum to edit syslinux file but how do I exactly do that? And what exactly do I need to do?

3. My xpenology system doesn't show my cpu correctly, I have dual Intel Xeon X5650's and it shows and i3 processor, does this mean that either of the CPUs are not detected?

Does xpenology support dual CPUs?

My System:

CPU: 2 Intel Xeon X5650

Mobo: Supermicro X8DTE

RAM: Hynix 4 x 4GB (16GB) HMT151R7BFR4C

Case: Supermicro 3U (SC933)

HD: 3 x 2 TB WD RED, 1 x 3 TB WD RED

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone, this is my first xpenology build and I am running into 3 issues.

1. Every time I restart my server, I keep getting an error saying my drives should be changed to IDE mode. I have tried to change it to AHCI and choose "not installed" for each of the hard drives, but on restart the settings go back to IDE.

Is there a fix for this issue?

**Not quite understanding your point here but there are several posts on IDE vs AHCI and issues to be encounted in ver 5.1 - 5022. I had issues trying to go with AHCI and ended up going back to IDE.

2. I cannot get my DDNS to work out correctly from Synology. I read on the forum that I need to enter serial and/or MAC address in order to get this to work.

It is mentioned on the forum to edit syslinux file but how do I exactly do that? And what exactly do I need to do?

**Check the "How To" section of the forum, there are a few ways to do it

** https://www.dropbox.com/s/237xzol4ct9coz5/ver2.zip

3. My xpenology system doesn't show my cpu correctly, I have dual Intel Xeon X5650's and it shows and i3 processor, does this mean that either of the CPUs are not detected?

**The config of your server is based on DS3615xs, so it will always show i3.

Does xpenology support dual CPUs?

**Not sure. BTW that is a lot of hardware for a DSM server.

My System:

CPU: 2 Intel Xeon X5650

Mobo: Supermicro X8DTE

RAM: Hynix 4 x 4GB (16GB) HMT151R7BFR4C

Case: Supermicro 3U (SC933)

HD: 3 x 2 TB WD RED, 1 x 3 TB WD RED

Thanks in advance