XPEnology Community

DS918+ Bare metal Loader 1.04b. Multiple NICs on machine with a single physical NIC

DemoGeek

Question

Hi, 

I have 2 nice in my grub.cnf but only one NIC showing which is getting an IP correctly and Synology also working fine. My understanding was that the other NIC will show as disconnected or Not connected state but will still show up!!!! That is not the case... Do I need actual secondary physical NIC in machine to get LAN2 option in Synology ? 

3 answers to this question

Hi, I only have a NIC in the system... I am trying to create a private network between Synology host (bare metal) and VMs running inside host and one public NIC on host that act as an access to outside world for both host and the VMs. My boot has two NICs and I changed max address for both. First NIC comes up , gets an IP and can talk with internet but second NIC does not even show up ... 

Is that possible with a machine (Intel NUC) with only one physical Network / Ethernet port?