XPEnology Community

install xpentology in hdd

Dafi

hi guys ....

i just managed to install xpentology in hdd, no usb required to boot system 6.2.

1)Just start up boot from usb...

2)make nesessary login setups etc...

3) use usb to image tool (google it) to backup usb stick to *.img

4) connect your hdd you intent to use as boot with adapter as usb to the system you mad the *.img file

5) use balena etcher (google it) to write *.img to hdd

6) disconnect hdd and connect it as boot disk to xpentology system.

7) xpentology runs just fine from the new hdd!!!

Edited by Dafi
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2018 at 2:42 AM, autohintbot said:

Does the Haswell-or-later requirement still apply here?  I am unable to get anything past the very first boot message (nothing shows up on network, no activity on serial port past the boot menu and initial message).

583365020_ScreenShot2018-08-01at4_00_50PM.thumb.png.ce06ae00991dff8f1d7c46cdf9fa86e9.png

Host:

ESXi 6.5.0 Update 2 (Build 8294253)

2x Xeon E5-2670 on Intel S2600CP motherboard

VM:

Started by copying my working 6.1.x DSM setup, changing MAC address in VM config and synoboot.img.  Existing VM was hardware version 12.

Tried a few other ESXi starting points from here on the forums, upgrading to VM hardware version 13, etc.  Same result across the board, both for 3615 and 3617 loaders.

Really hoping a Sandy Bridge-compatible boot loader happens for DSM 6.2!  I have a bunch of that hardware here in the house.  Actually have some spare hosts--I'll try a bare metal test when I get a few extra minutes.

have you tried to go to a netowork pc and do what your xpentology says? open a browser to a pc on your network and just write http://find.synology.com

???