XPEnology Community

Synology releases DSM 5.2 Beta

Trexx

I've been trying to install this in a VM... seems to lose the network somehow. I can login on the console, and ifconfig indicates that it is obtaining a dhcp lease, but synology assistant can't find it after the reboot, and the web interface on port 5000 isn't there either.

Andrew

I see lots of error messages relating to avahi. Concentrating on them for the moment. The OS seems to boot and detect hardware etc just fine, so it may be a relatively minor thing. Did you notice the platform.ini file in the .pat? It may also be that the xpeno boot image gets left behind when the dsm52 tries to update the firmware.

Andrew

I see lots of error messages relating to avahi. Concentrating on them for the moment. The OS seems to boot and detect hardware etc just fine, so it may be a relatively minor thing. Did you notice the platform.ini file in the .pat? It may also be that the xpeno boot image gets left behind when the dsm52 tries to update the firmware.

Andrew

the 2 files from 5.1 en 5.2 beta are both the same. I don`t know if that makes any sence?

tried on a HP microserver gen 8

performed an upgrade from 5.1, didnt see any error messages

however access to web gui does not work and syno assistant does not find the system

i can login into the console fine using root.

The web server appears to be running;

This is what I get from http://diskstationip

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

From http://diskstationip:500 I get;

Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found.

Back

It's not gonna work until Vortex finds workarounds to the new protections they add every version. He also usually doesn't release stuff for beta releases, so they don't change it up. It's a cat and mouse game. Pro tip, read the russian forum section (I use google translate in chrome).

by Vortex "20 Mar 2015 13:59

In DSM 5.2:

1) change the kernel version.

2) complicate protection (it was covered with ~ 15 files, now ~ 20).

Take the time to avail hrenobutom 5.1 will not.

We are already working on the beta to the release was minimal delay.

I personally have launched a beta of 5.2 and check on their two test machines.

So just sit tight, and wait for the final releases, and read if you want to :razz:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...