XPEnology Community

Query re new bare metal X64 instal to N54L using 5.1-5022

stillw

Newbie Alert! OK, so I have a brand new N54L and two 4TB WD Red NAS drives on way.

Looking over posts did not see this query answered. I want to start my NAS build with 5.1-5022. XPEnology.nl site tutorial says to download 5.1-5022 DSM main boot IMG file and then later upgrade to 5022.3. All clear so far.

1/. I note it says DSM file based on Synology XSDS3615xs - a 12 bay Synology model rather than a Synology 4 bay model - is this correct - shouldn't they match bay numbers?

2/. It also states to 'match' DSM file with Synology assistant file but version linked to on NL site is 5.0-4448 - is this still OK to use? When I go to Synology site direct the version of Synology Assistant listed for XSDS3615xs is 5.2-5005. Which should I use?

TIA Stillw

Newbie Alert! OK, so I have a brand new N54L and two 4TB WD Red NAS drives on way.

Looking over posts did not see this query answered. I want to start my NAS build with 5.1-5022. XPEnology.nl site tutorial says to download 5.1-5022 DSM main boot IMG file and then later upgrade to 5022.3. All clear so far. Get this file instead to create your USB bootloader.https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5xp052gr9o04 ... 3.img?dl=0

1/. I note it says DSM file based on Synology XSDS3615xs - a 12 bay Synology model rather than a Synology 4 bay model - is this correct - shouldn't they match bay numbers? Doesn't mater. You will have shown extra available slots.

2/. It also states to 'match' DSM file with Synology assistant file but version linked to on NL site is 5.0-4448 - is this still OK to use? When I go to Synology site direct the version of Synology Assistant listed for XSDS3615xs is 5.2-5005. Which should I use?Synology Assistant 5.2-5005 is OK. Its the same programm for all the Synology units. Skip the downloading .pat file and via web interface allow to download the latest DSM directly from Synology.

TIA Stillw