XPEnology Community

VIdeo Station gone crazy

Stargate

Question

Hi. I am trying to use Video Station and it seems to be crazy. I add contents to the library. It's mostly ok with movies though some do not appear or come and go, but it is a chaos with tv shows. I add the by following the naming pattern SxxExx and at the beginning I see the different seasons, but then they start to disappear until only the first or second ones are left. Each of the season represents a different folder with the episodes in it.

Ironically, I had some cartoons episodes piled up in a single folder reprenting seasons as 1x01, 1x02..... 2x01,..... 3x01 and the y are correctly displayed.

I don't know if it is my install which is buggy. I have installed, uninstalled and installed back a couple of times. I don't know if it is related to my other problem with Video Station, which doesn't save the changes I make, so I can't activate transcoding or TMDB search. I opened a thread a few days ago 

My build is Asrock Q1900-itx with DSM 6.2.1. Everything seems to be working fine except for Video Station.

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

17 hours ago, Stargate said:

Hi. I am trying to use Video Station and it seems to be crazy. I add contents to the library. It's mostly ok with movies though some do not appear or come and go, but it is a chaos with tv shows. I add the by following the naming pattern SxxExx and at the beginning I see the different seasons, but then they start to disappear until only the first or second ones are left. Each of the season represents a different folder with the episodes in it.

Ironically, I had some cartoons episodes piled up in a single folder reprenting seasons as 1x01, 1x02..... 2x01,..... 3x01 and the y are correctly displayed.

I don't know if it is my install which is buggy. I have installed, uninstalled and installed back a couple of times. I don't know if it is related to my other problem with Video Station, which doesn't save the changes I make, so I can't activate transcoding or TMDB search. I opened a thread a few days ago 

My build is Asrock Q1900-itx with DSM 6.2.1. Everything seems to be working fine except for Video Station.

Any ideas?

Downgrade your Video Station installation.

I am having issues with the most recent one as well. It refused to pick up all my files.

As an example, I could have a folder ShowName1, Subfolder Season 01, 6 Files in the folder, all named with the same naming scheme - but only one or two of the files would get picked up no matter what i did.

Tried reinstalling video station several times and reindexing, same result.

Tried downgrading it to https://archive.synology.com/download/Package/spk/VideoStation/2.4.7-1603/

and it worked as it should again, so try the same perhaps?

NB: The old versions media data search does not seem to work, as i think they moved to  a new system.

So hopefully a new version will be out soon.

Edited by NooL

7 hours ago, NooL said:

Downgrade your Video Station installation.

I am having issues with the most recent one as well. It refused to pick up all my files.

As an example, I could have a folder ShowName1, Subfolder Season 01, 6 Files in the folder, all named with the same naming scheme - but only one or two of the files would get picked up no matter what i did.

Tried reinstalling video station several times and reindexing, same result.

Tried downgrading it to https://archive.synology.com/download/Package/spk/VideoStation/2.4.7-1603/

and it worked as it should again, so try the same perhaps?

NB: The old versions media data search does not seem to work, as i think they moved to  a new system.

So hopefully a new version will be out soon.

The Video Station version I am having problems with is 2.4.9-1626. I guess it's the most recent one.

I also experience annoying and non-sense behaviour in Video Station. Every show is renamed in the same structure. Some episodes appear and other don't. I've tried it many times and tried several structures. Most of my movies are ok. I finally managed to get it ok with one of my favourite tv show (10+ seasons), but in other shows it is driving insane.

Would you recommend a version in particular? One which you have no issues with. My build is Asrock Q1900-itx with a 2TB WD Red Hdd. It's a 64 bit cpu. DSM version 6.2.1-23824.

What do you mean by metadata search not working? No covers or extra info on the shows and movies?

Thanks.

Edited by Stargate

THanks, Nool. I tried an older release and now it makes sense when indexing files. I can also save the changes in the options. I set it to transcode, but Video Station transcoding does not work. Any ideas? Ple's transcoding works fine, but Video Station transcoding doesn't even start. I don't see any changes in cpu usage. I have checked it and I do have the dev/dri folder.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, NooL said:

Hmm no real good ideas, but let me try digging around a bit and see if i can find something

Thanks. I've realized that the metadata search option does not work. Actually it doesn't find any results. At least it indexes files as it should, but no info in tv shows episodes. No possibility to enable TMDB search.