XPEnology Community

Cant Install DMS manual

Rnikki

So, i have been trying, alot. and difrend versions from the xpenology tool V1.4.1 and the 2. Nothing seems to work. 

when it ask me to check find.synology i open the assist, and it cant find my device. ( it locate my original Synology nas not my xpenology.) 
i know the ip adress from it and also that isnt helping me to install i recieve the error of no connection. 

What i have tried: 
connecting the device with ethernet cable directly in to my Desktop. 
over local switch, over my main modem. 
launching synology assist, like a dozen times never located it.
( yes i disabled all my firewalls and anti virus.) 

( i have followed all the instructions nothing seems to work.)

the device i wanne run the xpenology on is a Lenovo thinkcenter Q920s it has intel i5 8gen. with 16gb ram. main drive atm is a m2 ssd. ( once i have installed the xpenolgy i going to add a drive.) 

So if any 1 could help me out with this issue. ( i have seen other topics about this, with those guys it was fixed with a older version, a older version is not working on this 1.) 
i also dont wanne use virtual machine because i wanne use the full potentional of the device for it.) 

Edited by Rnikki

That machine is 8th gen with Q370s chipset.  Your network card will probably need updated drivers via IG-88's extra.lzma.  Alternatively you can pick up an Intel CT PCI card for US$20

If your M.2 SSD is NVMe you cannot install to it.  It must be a SATA interface.  But that would be manifested once you were on the network as "no drives found."

Edited by flyride

3 hours ago, flyride said:

That machine is 8th gen with Q370s chipset.  Your network card will probably need updated drivers via IG-88's extra.lzma.  Alternatively you can pick up an Intel CT PCI card for US$20

If your M.2 SSD is NVMe you cannot install to it.  It must be a SATA interface.  But that would be manifested once you were on the network as "no drives found."

The m2 is in the solid state drive slot. 

I will check with the network card update. 

I got my hand on quite similar hardware.  

HP prodesk 600 G5 - with the same hardware setup. But this one got dual nvme slots.

I managed to install the 1.04 with the latest pat file for the 918+ (got a original 918+ aswell)

After adding the latest extra.lmza for @IG-88 I got it started. But with only the nvme no install is possible.

After adding a sata HDD I could install the latest pat.

After restart HDD is found but could not locate the nvme. Also not by SSH.

Seems that the chipset is not recognised.

What kind of version where you trying to install?