XPEnology Community

Which UPS for DS3617XS build?

HeyelTeomim

Question

I was looking at the list of compatible UPS units over at Synology (https://www.synology.com/en-global/compatibility?search_by=category&category=upses&p=1) but it seems that support (at least listed) for the DS3617XS unit is scarce.

I am wondering what dictates this - obviously, the HCL deals with what fits with Synology HW and does not take Xpenology into account - but are there "built-in" limitations in the actual DSM SW that prevent connecting a given UPS and having it work? Or is the lack of entries for DS3617XS simply a matter of not really having tested it?

If someone has recommendations on an APC unit that they know works with DS3617XS, don't be shy ;-)

4 answers to this question

I use APC Smart-UPS 750 with network management card installed. Synology connects to it over SNMP and it works great. You can specify after what time DSM will go in safe mode. Works great I'm really happy with it. Of course you don't have to buy additional Network Management Card and use SNMP. You can just hook it up directly over USB and it will work just as same.

Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 11.14.13.png

Edited by GunSling3r