XPEnology Community

Xpenology on HP 7100MT

Kamele0N

Hey,

been lurking that forum for a while.....red almost all topics regarding "how to install".....but to no avail!

I am unable to set up Xpenology on my HP.

I was experimenting with almost all DS3615xs loaders (Juns versions)....1.03b, 1.02......tried 6.2.3, 6.2 to 6.1.7 <----- the most bullet proof version.....as said on this forum!

DS3615xs......since I have i3 550 processor and it seems to be the closest to my setup (regarding Synology specs)

My motherboard is MS 7613 v1.1 : https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c02014355

My setup:

4Gb of RAM

i3 550

Realtek RTL8111DL Lan card (NIC)

I have no problems with how to make bootable loader.....got into GUI every time......find synology finds my "server"......but after I upload *.pat image and "server" reboots I get blinking cursor.

I came the longest with DSM 5.2 loader.....server was operational...came into its interface....could set up its discs etc...till its first reboot :) Than blank screen again.

I dont know anymore what to do (beside switching back on OMV). I did not experiment with any extra.izma etc..., dont even know if I need it?

Is my HP cursed one? One of those PCs which refuse to cooperate no matter what you throw at them? :) Or am I "missing" something in a process?

Many thanks!

Edited by Kamele0N
Small text repairs

• 9 months later...

Status update!

Resloved my issue with BIOS update (latest is v. 5.19).......wich added USB boot option ;)

Its 2010-ish PC.......from around the time when not all PCs had that option "per se"!

Works ok with DSM 6.2.3 U3 & DS3615xs!