XPEnology Community

Data Lost but Hyper Backup Question

Dear Users,

I have just migrated from a DS 916+ to XPenology for my needs. Everything went succesfully but... I lost all my data (i. e., configuration, users, applications, etc.). My hard drives (SHR volume) are fine!

Fortunately, I have a backup I ran daily with an external HDD and HyperBackup. It saved all my configuration settings and also my application, such as Synology Drive and Moments. However, my external HDD is in exFAT so it is not usable with xpenology. I tried "https://github.com/luckylz2git/exfat-synology", but it did not work. Maybe it even made my system faulty with some issues as I tried uninstalling it.

So, I am trying to copy all the data to a second HDD with NTFS. The problem is I have more than 8TBs of backup and a very very slow HDD as a backup (used for archive). I get 10Mb/s even with write cache on Windows 10 and Terracopy. It will take DAYYYYYSSS. Thus, I tried to avoid this process and share the USB Drive with Windows 10 and mount it using CIFS in Synology. It works great, but Hyper Backup does not detect it (maybe because of the exfat Github thing I tried). It is saying no directories available under "Relink an existing task" in Hyper Backup. Please refer to the attached screenshots.

I just do not know how to get my data (configs and applications) back... My DS 916+ is untouched except for the HDDs that are used in the new Xpenology. Is there any way to do it faster and get my users, configuration, applications (Moments' data and configs) back?

Please let me know!

Thank you so very much 

Annotation 2020-08-14 040858.png

Annotation 2020-08-14 041049.png

Annotation 2020-08-14 040930.png

Annotation 2020-08-14 040920.png