XPEnology Community

XPEnology on QNAP TS-469L

cursornas

I know there is a fair bit of information on this topic, but most of it is incomplete or outdated.

What would be involved in booting XPEnoboot on a QNAP TS-469L and having it run the full Synology image? Mostly curious as I'm migrating to a Synology NAS, and I'd like to see if this is possible with my "old" QNAP. If at all possible, I'd like to avoid using VirtualBox on the QNAP.

Thoughts? Advice on the topic?

Thanks!

I put together a guide for installing XPEnology on a QNAP TS-269Pro. From what I can tell the process for a TS-469L should be the same. As you said the guide is a bit dated, but the overall process is still the same. Setup QNAP BIOS to boot from USB --> Create XPEnology Boot Stick --> Boot to XPEnology --> Download XPEnology Boot Image to NAS --> Flash DOM with XPEnology Boot Image.

Here is a link to the topic I created outlining these steps in more detail: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4606

I put together a guide for installing XPEnology on a QNAP TS-269Pro. From what I can tell the process for a TS-469L should be the same. As you said the guide is a bit dated, but the overall process is still the same. Setup QNAP BIOS to boot from USB --> Create XPEnology Boot Stick --> Boot to XPEnology --> Download XPEnology Boot Image to NAS --> Flash DOM with XPEnology Boot Image.

Here is a link to the topic I created outlining these steps in more detail: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4606

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

I am going to start by finding a way to backup the DOM first. Don't want anything that I can't reverse later. Basically, I'm planning to boot a vanilla Linux USB disk and dd the DOM to a file. That should do it right?