XPEnology Community

Synology Forcing me to Migrate! What do I do now?

layer3

Hello New to posting but been here a few times building my NAS.

Here is whats going on. I had a successful NAS build (Dell F1D Server 2x L5335 Intel Xeon Quad Core 2.00Ghz 8GB Cloud 4x750GB SATA) running DSM 5.1-5022 and all was running well. I then was messing with a old HP Pentium 4 computer trying to get it to run the 32-bit kernel of XPEnology. I used one of my spare empty 750GB drives that I pulled from my Dell Server. This HDD was pulled a while back before I installed DSM on the Dell. Well after a few hang ups in installing the DSM on the old Pentium 4 I decided to focus on other projects. I Pulled the HDD from the P4 and put it into the Dell NAS. I restarted the NAS and now Im stuck at the Migrate Page and it wont boot into DSM.

iIN8Kyv.png

8KM18F6.png

BabBUPv.png

Not sure were to go from here.

I pulled the New HDD and rebooted and it still go's strait to DSM migrate. I have a website Hosted on this server and really need to get this up and running again. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Well the migration went good except it seems to be in a endless loop. it restarted and then showed up to connect but when i tryed to connect it just went back to the migration screen. Im gonna pull the new HDD and try to re-do the migration with the original HDD. Please if anyone in here knows what there doing please chime in.

Thanks,

Tim

Success! it worked! pulling the HDD that i was using for the P4 and just migrating worked. I have full access to DSM and all my files are intact! Its really weird because it was stuck at migrate even when I had the Pentium 4 HDD pulled couldn't do anything unless i migrated.

That happened because you basically had 2 sets of disks with synology on it (your original array), and the single disk you were testing on on your other system.. so it probably booted off the DSM on the single, saw all those disk from the array and wanted to migrate them... when you really wanted to boot off the array, and add the single disk.

Next time just delete the partition tables of any disk you want to add into your array, since if it also has an DSM install it will get confused. Or put the disk in after DSM is booted (if you have hotswap), then it can't boot off it :wink: