XPEnology Community

DS3615 or DS3617 on J5005

ilavu

Hello,

I tried to install DS3615 and DS3617 DSM (6.2.3_25426) to my J5005 and it does not find. I tried 918+ and it works without any problem. I need to install DS3615 or 3617 because I have to have Acronis and it is only supported on select models.

I tried booting with default extra.lzma from Jun's loader 1.03b without any luck. I also tried using IG-88's extra-lzma ver 11.2 with original zImage and rd.gz from DSM but no luck either. All of this done with  grub.cfg modification to match with my information. I am kind a lost now. 

Can someone with same MOBO help me please?

Thanks,

Edited by ilavu
more info

To run DS3615xs or DS3617xs you need to to turn on legacy boot in the BIOS.  That board has very little for BIOS configuration.

I seem to recall someone stumbled on a not-obvious boot option which caused it to disable UEFI.  My best advice is to try everything.

FMI: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8472&title=asrock-j5005itx-fails-missing-legacy-boot-mode

Thank you IG-88 for pointing out the option. I will later try your suggestion and report back. Last night I figured it out how to load Acronis on DSM virtual machine and it is working fine but like I said will try 1.02b and dsm 6.1x.