XPEnology Community

Installation XPEnology in VirtualBox

tjeh

Hi,

I am trying to install XPEnology within VirtualBox 4.3.20 running on Windows 8.1 Enterprise. However Initial Install using either the Synology Assistant or the WebInterface fails with: "Please contact support"

I have tried using IDE and SATA Controllers for the HDDs but it still fails. Any Idea what is happening here? Do I need to change the SN and/or MAC?

Source Files / Tutorial:

http://www.xpenology.nl/virtualbox/

X64 XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.2

(DS3615xs) DSM 5.1-5022 (Main)

Regards

Not sure if this helps, but when running it in virtualbox I select Linux 3.x as the version (Stage 2 on that tutorial), not 2.4. Never had a problem. At what point is the "please contact support" coming up? Also, never bothered changing sn or mac in virtualbox so doubt it's that, could be wrong.

I tried using "Linux 3.x 64bit" however the error still exists. VirtualBox is configured to use "Host-Only Networking" to ensure that it is not trying to "talk" to Synology directly.

The error comes up directly after choosing the *.pat file for upload.

Is there any way to set up the inital installation of xpenology from Diskstation Shell?

I have attached the /var/log/Messages file after the Installation via Webinterface failed

messages.7z