XPEnology Community

Updated to 5.1-5022.2 and lost HDD's

renedis

Hi there,

It's great to see and read that there is a lot of development going on here. I really appriciate the time and effort that is put in to it.

But.. I've got a problem since upgrading :sad: DSM doesn't see any HDD anymore.

Running DSM 5.1-5022 update 2 on:

ReadyNAS Pro 6

- Mainboard: Netgear x86 socket 775 mini ITX

- CPU: Q6600 Quad-Core 2.4 GHz

- Memory 4GB DDR2

- Chipset: ICH8R with 6x SATA disk via pci-e x1

- 2x Network: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

- VGA: Q965 Integrated Graphics Controller

- BIOS: Winbond W25x80

DSM says that there are no availible HDD's and that there are 0 slots. Is there a config edit needed via SSH?

I hope someone can help me out.

screenshot_NASSYN.png

Power completely down (not reboot), and then boot system if you haven't. There is issue after upgrading, where DSM drops your array on 1st boot after upgrade.

Thanks a lot, it now works again. I was scared that I had lost all my data but you made my day.

Thanks a lot, it now works again. I was scared that I had lost all my data but you made my day.

I know the feeling of losing all my data, it has happened to me in past. DSM decided to delete the partition tables of my array after failed expansion.... Took a lot of research, work, to reconstruct the partition tables with testdisk, then rebuild array in Linux, then backup data.... Now I don't take such risks unless I have my data backed up.

But what you experienced is common issue after small update... No worries with that, just don't jump right in to latest update without knowing if someone tested it, unless you have backup.

For example, my DSM 5 system has update 5 available... Haven't seen it mentioned or tested by anyone, and waiting on my 8TB backup HD to ship, since current backup HD is full. So I won't update until I create new VM for testing, or my backup HD ships, or someone else tests update 5.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk