XPEnology Community

xpenology DS3615xs_5.1-5022.1 ok or not ok?

patetoune

Hello everyone,

I am currently in version DSM 5.0-4528 xpenology DS3612xs Update 2 on my HP G7 N54L and everything works.

I see a new version DSM 5.1-5022 xpenology DS3615xs with XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.1 came out. Is this latest Operational? If so will it work on my HP G7 N54L?

Thank you all for your responses

I upgraded from 5.0-4528 u2 and it seems fine so far. I installed the original 5.1 and rolled back while the team fixed the time bomb issue and then updated to 5.1-5002 and applied update 1. The volumes drop until you reboot and then things are tickety-boo form there on. There are some known issues which are mentioned in the release notes so you need to make sure they don't apply to you.

it worked fine for me on both my test acer aspire box for over a week. Last night I proceeded to upgrade my custom build 8bay without a hitch. so far so good.

the only thing is...I can't seem to locate the "boot" dir to change the s/n. anyone else have that issue?

it worked fine for me on both my test acer aspire box for over a week. Last night I proceeded to upgrade my custom build 8bay without a hitch. so far so good.

the only thing is...I can't seem to locate the "boot" dir to change the s/n. anyone else have that issue?

In XPEnoboot you don't have a boot folder. There is a config file called syslinux.cfg in the root of the USB stick where you can change the serial number and add your real nic. Once you see it it should look familiar to the strings you are used to editing in the past. This is the only file that you need to edit to apply the changes.

In XPEnoboot you don't have a boot folder. There is a config file called syslinux.cfg in the root of the USB stick where you can change the serial number and add your real nic. Once you see it it should look familiar to the strings you are used to editing in the past. This is the only file that you need to edit to apply the changes.

Excellent thanks!!!