XPEnology Community

Why does Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+ Loader no longer have NIC drivers for the ASROCK Q1900-ITX.

gsiffert

Hello,

I'm desperate. The Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+ Loader no longer has NIC drivers for the ASROCK Q1900-ITX. All other older loaders have a suitable driver but the DSM installation aborts at 57% with error 13, no matter which loader and which DSM version I use. The used harddisk is empty and the adjustments to grub.cfg are also correct. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
gsiffert    

On 7/8/2020 at 4:40 PM, gsiffert said:

Hello,

I'm desperate. The Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+ Loader no longer has NIC drivers for the ASROCK Q1900-ITX. All other older loaders have a suitable driver but the DSM installation aborts at 57% with error 13, no matter which loader and which DSM version I use. The used harddisk is empty and the adjustments to grub.cfg are also correct. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
gsiffert    

Have you tried the additional extra.lzma file ?

On 7/8/2020 at 3:40 PM, gsiffert said:

loader no longer has NIC drivers for the ASROCK Q1900-ITX

no thats just the normal realtek 8168 driver and thats still part of the loader

you could try to extract rd.gz and zImage from the dsm 6.2.3 *.pat file (918+) using 7zip, copy that to the loader (2nd partition) replacing the files there and then use the new extra/extra2  from here, also copy to 2nd parttion replacing the files there

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-103b104b-for-dsm623-for-918-3615xs-3617xs/

Thanks for the tips,

I have tried the following
Extracted the files rd.gz and zImage from "DSM_DS918+_25426.pat" and replaced the files with the same name via OSFMount on the 2nd partition of Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+. Unfortunately it did not work. The bootloader starts but no network connection is established. Then I also replaced the file extra.lmza (extra.lzma for DS918+ v0.4) also no success. Older bootloaders like "Jun's loader v1.02b DS3615xs" or "Xpenoboot DSM 5.2" go to the net but either calculate at 57% with error 13 or have no net after the first reboot.

Disaster !!!!!!!

With my "old" current NAS with the board Asrock QC5000-ITX I did not have such problems. Everything worked at first go and it works without problems until now.
Unfortunately the virtualization does not work so I want to upgrade to an Intel board  

Can you recommend me an affordable Mini-ITX board that definitely works with XPenology.

Thanks 

Greeting
gsiffert

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

4 hours ago, gsiffert said:

Extracted the files rd.gz and zImage from "DSM_DS918+_25426.pat" and replaced the files with the same name via OSFMount on the 2nd partition of Jun's Loader v1.04b DS918+. Unfortunately it did not work. The bootloader starts but no network connection is established. Then I also replaced the file extra.lmza (extra.lzma for DS918+ v0.4)

you were supposed to use the latest extra/extra2 with the 6.2.3. kernel and thats 0.13.3 and not 0.4,my link above was to that version