XPEnology Community

Synology RS3413xs+ DSM 4.2-3211 x86

Hello ,

I have a shuttle SB86i equipped with:

Marvell 88E8053 GbE (PCI-E X1) and ICH6/R integrated SATA!E Dual Channel UDMA 150MB/s S-ATA!E

Is there any chance to install the DSM 4.2 ?

Thanks a lot for your help !!

Regards

I can't tell you if it will work or not, but its so easy to try so just go for it.

in must of the cases if it will not work you will not be able to finish the boot from the USB drive or you will not see the server from the SA.

in both case your drive is not modified yet so you still have the original hard disk intact.

If there some one who using PCI SATA controller and it work for him, please post it as I want to add sata PCI to my server and my is not working.

I have Syba SD-SATA2-4IR PCI SATA II 4x Internal Ports RAID Controller with SIL3124 Chipset and its not working.

Thanks

If there some one who using PCI SATA controller and it work for him, please post it as I want to add sata PCI to my server and my is not working.

I have Syba SD-SATA2-4IR PCI SATA II 4x Internal Ports RAID Controller with SIL3124 Chipset and its not working.

Thanks

I have a Promise Sata 300 tx4 PCI controller in mine. Works well with this build at least.

Thanks

I have a Promise Sata 300 tx4 PCI controller in mine. Works well with this build at least.

I order Promise Sata 300 tx4 PCI controller, and got them today, I install it on one of the xpenology and I have the same issue like the SIL3124.

It start the boot go all the way to:

initrd /rd.gz

[Linux-initrd @ 0x1fb59000, 0x456650 bytes]

and stay in that point forever.

If I leave the controller in the PCI slot but remove all the drives from it:

No device is found!

BIOS in not installed.

Then its go to the same place like before and continue after it with:

Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... done.

Booting the kernel.

and in this point the xpenology is accessible via browser.

I did the same test with the SIL 3124 card and its the same, if drives connected it stop.

Did you do any thing to make the Promis e TX4 SATA300 work? did you used the build from this first page?

Thanks

I have this one running fine but its on version 4.1 how can i get it to upgrade it fails no matter if i use manual update ( pat file ) or use internet upgrade.

Sorry that i can't help with the upgrade. I never upgraded, I install directly the 4.2 from the top of this thread.

Can you send me the link of the 4.1 thread that you used to install, I will try it, if it work I will stay with 4.1 x86 the 4.2 with no SATA controller.

Thanks

Thanks

I order Promise Sata 300 tx4 PCI controller, and got them today, I install it on one of the xpenology and I have the same issue like the SIL3124.

It start the boot go all the way to:

initrd /rd.gz

[Linux-initrd @ 0x1fb59000, 0x456650 bytes]

and stay in that point forever.

If I leave the controller in the PCI slot but remove all the drives from it:

No device is found!

BIOS in not installed.

Then its go to the same place like before and continue after it with:

Decompressing Linux... Parsing ELF... done.

Booting the kernel.

and in this point the xpenology is accessible via browser.

I did the same test with the SIL 3124 card and its the same, if drives connected it stop.

Did you do any thing to make the Promis e TX4 SATA300 work? did you used the build from this first page?

Thanks

Sorry I did not get back sooner. For me it just worked with the original build. nothing seemed to change when I tried the build you posted. I was able to see the satas on the promise but those nor others could I "create" once the system was up. They always crashed. I since have moved to the 64 version and have had no issues so far.

Sorry I did not get back sooner. For me it just worked with the original build. nothing seemed to change when I tried the build you posted. I was able to see the satas on the promise but those nor others could I "create" once the system was up. They always crashed. I since have moved to the 64 version and have had no issues so far.

Did you try solotion of IDE to SATA like (http://www.amazon.com/HDE%C2%AE-SATA-Dr ... de+to+sata)

The 64 bit work great on 64 bit machine :smile:

but I have 2 P3 that its work great with IDE drives. But the IDE drives are too small.

the P3 are amazing electricity is very low Max 29W and hardware cost nothing :smile:

I have one that run 64bit much easier installation, all work great only problem WOL not working but its not a big deal for now.

Did you disabled the IDE when you add the promise and the SATA drives? did you do any change on the BIOS level?

I tested them with windows and linux and they work fine on the P3, this issue is only with the x86 xpenology.

I started to build a Linux machine so I can start and create my own package (to add drives), I hope with some twists I will be able to make it work.

This is release can let your old x86 only box have chance to use DSM 4.2-3211 :cool:

Build Information:

================

Support NIC:

DSM 2.3 and 4.2: typhoon / b44 / e100 / 8139cp / 8139too / e1000 / e1000e / r8168 / r8169 / r8101 / skge / sky2 / sk98lin / tigon3 / bnx2 / atl1

DSM 4.2 only: atl1e / atl1c / igb / igbvf / jme / skge_genesis / vmxnet3

================

Support Controller:

DSM 2.3 and 4.2: sata_ahci / ata_piix / sata_mv / sata_promise / sata_sx4 / sata_sil / sata_sil24 / ata_generic / pata_hpt37x / pata_jmicron / pata_pdc2027x

DSM 4.2 only : pvscsi

================

Support Platform: Intel x86 CPU

================

How to Install:

01.Use RAW tool to write the "DS411-1067-x86-20130525.img" image file to your USB key (at least 16MB capacity).

02.Enable COM1 from BIOS then boot from USB key.

03.Select "Boot DSM 2.3-1167 x86" when the GRUB boot manager show up.

04.Search the DSM booting box by Synology Assistant (SA) and provide "DS411-1067-x86-20130525.pat" to SA.

05.DSM will auto reboot when .pat install done, the GRUB boot manager will show up again.

06.Select "Boot DSM 2.3-1167 x86" to complete the SA install process (Write configuration to DSM success).

07.Login into DSM from Web UI, create the HDD volume/space you want. (the SA will show the DSM version as 1.0.1000 now)

I can't get the step 7. the info is "The system is halted",and turn off auto.

593ef3ad34a16_5_.jpg.44f0583a4a0c05ac1a57f8e8476ad983.jpg

This is release can let your old x86 only box have chance to use DSM 4.2-3211 :cool:

Build Information:

================

Support NIC:

DSM 2.3 and 4.2: typhoon / b44 / e100 / 8139cp / 8139too / e1000 / e1000e / r8168 / r8169 / r8101 / skge / sky2 / sk98lin / tigon3 / bnx2 / atl1

DSM 4.2 only: atl1e / atl1c / igb / igbvf / jme / skge_genesis / vmxnet3

================

Support Controller:

DSM 2.3 and 4.2: sata_ahci / ata_piix / sata_mv / sata_promise / sata_sx4 / sata_sil / sata_sil24 / ata_generic / pata_hpt37x / pata_jmicron / pata_pdc2027x

DSM 4.2 only : pvscsi

================

Support Platform: Intel x86 CPU

================

How to Install:

01.Use RAW tool to write the "DS411-1067-x86-20130525.img" image file to your USB key (at least 16MB capacity).

02.Enable COM1 from BIOS then boot from USB key.

03.Select "Boot DSM 2.3-1167 x86" when the GRUB boot manager show up.

04.Search the DSM booting box by Synology Assistant (SA) and provide "DS411-1067-x86-20130525.pat" to SA.

05.DSM will auto reboot when .pat install done, the GRUB boot manager will show up again.

06.Select "Boot DSM 2.3-1167 x86" to complete the SA install process (Write configuration to DSM success).

07.Login into DSM from Web UI, create the HDD volume/space you want. (the SA will show the DSM version as 1.0.1000 now)

I can't get the step 7. the info is "The system is halted",and turn off auto.

each time now when you start the "Boot DSM 2.3-1167 x86" its start the boot and halt by it self with doing any thing in the SA?

hi there i am running the sofware now whit onboard sata controller . but i consider to use my

old sas controller, lsi sas 3081e-r is it posible to ad in the driver in to the info file on the usb pen i am new at xpenology.

so if somebody could help me would be a great help. i tryed to use virtuel box but i won´t boot on it

thak you for af great software

kind regards

soren

• 2 weeks later...

odie82544,

thanks a lot for this release! I managed to install it to four discarded rackmount servers. They are fully identical ecxept for one having only a single HDD while the other three are eqipped with two same-sized HDDs. On the one with the single HDD, the USB boot stick is seen as an "external device", is auto-mounted involuntarily as /VolumeUSB1/ and I am not allowed to delete the according share: "The following shared folders are reserved for system use and cannot be deleted: usbshare1"

Is there any way to prevent this unwanted behaviour? Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
支持下楼主。。楼主的全球首发已经拜读过了。。能否pm个联系方式有问题求教。。

You can contact with me at NAS1

楼主有没有集成BCM 57788驱动的DSM啊,苦于手里有一块闲置小板,但是BCM网卡伤不起啊,第一纳斯网注册用户啥也看不到啊。。。

Hi everyone. I managed to update my setup using the img and pat file supplied in this thread. Thank you very much worked a treat. Just wondering though if anyone else has noticed the following. Some one from China keeps trying to SSH into the Box. ( I say china as thats where the IP is originating from)?

Hi everyone. I managed to update my setup using the img and pat file supplied in this thread. Thank you very much worked a treat. Just wondering though if anyone else has noticed the following. Some one from China keeps trying to SSH into the Box. ( I say china as thats where the IP is originating from)?

It happens to every SSH exposed to the web. Just have strong passwords set and activate auto-block feature of DSM.

It happens to every SSH exposed to the web. Just have strong passwords set and activate auto-block feature of DSM.

Yeah I know what you mean just never had it before until i did the update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...