XPEnology Community

Synology RS3413xs+ DSM 4.2-3211 x86

You probably can use a small IDE drive for that, but in my books its a waste of space inside the case, waste of harddrive port and extra heat and power usage. With prices on USB flash drives as they are today why not use it? You only need 256-512MB one.

I use P3 1GHz for it, This old computer don't know how to boot from USB. to solve that I used PLoP on CD and from there I choose to boot from USB.

In case of restart it will stay on the PLoP menu as it don't have a default or time out to continue automatically to usb boot.

Do you have any idea how can I make it to boot with no intervention from USB on board with bios that not support it?

Is anyone aware of alternate download link?

Tried two days running to get the modified version from the asuswebstorage link with it maxing the download limit within minutes :sad:

Thanks

Essper, I know how difficult it is, I had the same problem. I don't know about any alternative link. but if we don't violate any law or odie82544 rights I will be happy to send it to you.

Please let me know how I can send you this files and I will do it. its small file so it will be easy.

odie82544, if its wrong or violate any law or forum rule please let me know.

Is anyone aware of alternate download link?

Tried two days running to get the modified version from the asuswebstorage link with it maxing the download limit within minutes :sad:

Thanks

Essper, I know how difficult it is, I had the same problem. I don't know about any alternative link. but if we don't violate any law or odie82544 rights I will be happy to send it to you.

Please let me know how I can send you this files and I will do it. its small file so it will be easy.

odie82544, if its wrong or violate any law or forum rule please let me know.

Would love a link to this updated version as well. Have been trying to download it for days as well using the asuswebstorage link.

Hi everybody!

I have a question about this version, is it possible to install this version in a VirtualBox or VMware? I have tried to install it, but I don't know why fails (I'm newbie :roll:), Synology Assistant detect it the Virtual Machine but when I'm going to Install .pat fails in "Error port 23 no comunication between DiskStation and PC"

Other packets also fails when I try to install in VirtualBox, except http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3 that it seems to be prepared exclusively for Virtual Machine

Finally, congratulations to all people that works in this

by XGu » 12 Jun 2013 18:39

tbak wrote:I Had found this web link and I downloaded the file :

http://dl1.c6.sendfile.vip.xunlei.com:8 ... =7&verno=1

I tested it only with vmware workstaion 9 and everything worked fine as described by the procedure of the first post of this topic.

Hope this will help.

Tbak

Sorry Tbak, can you show us how have you configured VMware?

Hi XGu.

1 Create a new virtual machine and select “Other” as operating system

2 Create an IDE hard drive

3 Bridged Network adapter

4 In CD/DVD select use ISO image file, and choose «plpbt.iso » this will let you start your virtual machine from cd and PLOP Bios extender. Then you can boot from the USB created with the « DS411-1067-x86-20130525.img ». USb must be connected to the virual machine. You can download plpbt.iso at http://download.plop.at/files/bootmngr/plpbt-5.0.14.zip

5 Insert the following lines into your « virtalMachineName.vmx » with any text editor :

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

bios.bootDelay = "5000"

6 Start your Virtual Machine by booting from the CDrom. You must boot from CD every time you (Re)start your virtual Machine and then choose Boot from USB drive

7 Connect your USB to the Virtual Machine

8 Select Boot from USB device.

9 Follow the procedure published by odie82544

That’s all. And it works for me.

Let me know your experience.

TBak

As I did not get any thing regarding that its against forum rules or against the law I uploaded the file to second location for the people that can't take it from the first location.

http://ultramegabit.com/folder/add/Aa4qcANqBmk

Enjoy

I just look on it now and I see that the file is gone.

I will try to find a different location that will let it be for a longer time.

by XGu » 12 Jun 2013 18:39

tbak wrote:I Had found this web link and I downloaded the file :

http://dl1.c6.sendfile.vip.xunlei.com:8 ... =7&verno=1

I tested it only with vmware workstaion 9 and everything worked fine as described by the procedure of the first post of this topic.

Hope this will help.

Tbak

Sorry Tbak, can you show us how have you configured VMware?

Hi XGu.

1 Create a new virtual machine and select “Other” as operating system

2 Create an IDE hard drive

3 Bridged Network adapter

4 In CD/DVD select use ISO image file, and choose «plpbt.iso » this will let you start your virtual machine from cd and PLOP Bios extender. Then you can boot from the USB created with the « DS411-1067-x86-20130525.img ». USb must be connected to the virual machine. You can download plpbt.iso at http://download.plop.at/files/bootmngr/plpbt-5.0.14.zip

5 Insert the following lines into your « virtalMachineName.vmx » with any text editor :

ethernet0.virtualDev = "e1000"

bios.bootDelay = "5000"

6 Start your Virtual Machine by booting from the CDrom. You must boot from CD every time you (Re)start your virtual Machine and then choose Boot from USB drive

7 Connect your USB to the Virtual Machine

8 Select Boot from USB device.

9 Follow the procedure published by odie82544

That’s all. And it works for me.

Let me know your experience.

TBak

Great great great!! It's working!!!! :wink:

Thanks you! I'm going to try if it works with .img to .vmdk disk conversion with "convertdd" (VirtualBox hdd conversion tool).

Any one know if this build support Syba SD-SATA2-4IR PCI SATA II 4x Internal Ports RAID Controller with SIL3124 Chipset?

If not, do you know what PCI SATA card it is supporting?

this is the supported controllers and my is sata_sil24 at list from what i saw.

Support Controller:

DSM 2.3 and 4.2: sata_ahci / ata_piix / sata_mv / sata_promise / sata_sx4 / sata_sil / sata_sil24 / ata_generic / pata_hpt37x / pata_jmicron / pata_pdc2027x

DSM 4.2 only : pvscsi

Any idea why it hungup in the init?

Thanks

In any case i think I have the right link now:

http://ultramegabit.com/file/details/28DHM8iqXlo

Thanks again sbh

Can you confirm if this was the version downloaded from google docs or the version downloaded from asus web storage?

Thanks essper

My file is the one that was downloaded from the ASUS web storage.

I installed it on 2 computers and its good.

Hi,

I'm trying to use a shuttle k45 with this build and no success.

I put an intel pro 1000 network card and it's better but the chipset is a 82801GB (ICH7) Base (No AHCI)

Is it possible to install DSM4.2 on it or not ? Everytime i'm stuck at he hard drive recognition in the install process. :cry:

BTW ! Could you please help me to find a small rig small format itx with 2 x 3.5hdd low power consumption

Thx

Thanks sbh

Looks like the asus is proper down now

Thanks so much for the posting this. Sadly I am still getting "CRASHED" when trying to create other volumes. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. Was hoping it was just the "bug" causing it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks sbh

Looks like the asus is proper down now

Thanks so much for the posting this. Sadly I am still getting "CRASHED" when trying to create other volumes. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. Was hoping it was just the "bug" causing it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I got it when I tried to make a short cuts.

Start again and create the volume in step 7, if you don't do it in this order you get the crashed error. (I got it when I did not create it in step 7 and did it in step 12)