XPEnology Community

Synology RS3413xs+ DSM 4.2-3211 x86

Hi odie82544

方便的話,您可以私息給我您的IP.我可以讓您進來看我的環境..SSH/TELNET/DSM UI

Since this build can work on your box, I am considering that are enough, although I prefer to install x86 DSM 4.2 or (above) directly.

Big thanks to odie82544 for the work you put into this release :smile:

Quick question - anybody else experiencing problems running synocommunity apps (CPS/SB) python based apps on this release or is it just my install. Tried twice with different disks :sad:

Hello,

I tried to install as described in this post with no success.

I did both of the next steps with no issue, i used sundisk cruzer micro 512MB.

01.Use RAW tool to write the "DS411-1067-x86-20130525.img" image file to your USB key (at least 16MB capacity).

02.Enable COM1 from BIOS then boot from USB key.

In this step I can see the PC boot up and start all the way to the login, but with it I get the repeated error message:

"== Philippines Coast Guard massacred Taiwan finishing boat on 2013-05-19 =="

03.Select "Boot DSM 2.3-1167 x86" when the GRUB boot manager show up.

After installing the SA on my windows 8 pro pc I search for server and find none. When I look on my router I can see the IP address that allocated for this computer and I can ping it, but the SA can't find the server

04.Search the DSM booting box by Synology Assistant (SA) and provide "DS411-1067-x86-20130525.pat" to SA.

My Questions:

1) in Step 3 there are lots of text that run on the screen, there are any way to slow it down or capture it so I can see what error it have there?

2) On this server I have 3 hard drives and DVD, the DVD and one hard drive using IDE and two other hard drives using SATA 150MB/s, I tried with enabled and disable IDE controller from the BIOS in both cases I had same results.

Do I need to disconnect the drive or disable, do You have any recommendation in this area?

My Hardware:

GA-8IPE1000 Pro2 - intel 865PE AGPSet Bios for 8IPE1000 PRO2 F10

Intel Pentium 4 2.60GHz (200x13) - 32 bit cpu

Network card on-board: Builitin Intel 82547 (KENAI II CSA)Chipset

I will appreciate any suggestions that help to resolve the issue or to figure out if this hardware not working for this setup.

Thanks

1) in Step 3 there are lots of text that run on the screen, there are any way to slow it down or capture it so I can see what error it have there?

2) On this server I have 3 hard drives and DVD, the DVD and one hard drive using IDE and two other hard drives using SATA 150MB/s, I tried with enabled and disable IDE controller from the BIOS in both cases I had same results.

Do I need to disconnect the drive or disable, do You have any recommendation in this area?

1) think you may be able to use the pause/break key but don't quote me on that.

2) does not really matter if you have the controller the kernel requires it will use it. From your description it sounds like your network card is not supported as your device does not show in SA

1) think you may be able to use the pause/break key but don't quote me on that.

2) does not really matter if you have the controller the kernel requires it will use it. From your description it sounds like your network card is not supported as your device does not show in SA

I tried the Pause/Break key, it work only for the first few lines when they all appear on one screen, but as they start to roll the screen with all the lines its not working any more. when i press it, it show wired signs on the screen like ]]2 and so on.

I will try to add second network card on the PCI slot and see if it will work.

There are any list of network card that working with it?

I tried the Pause/Break key, it work only for the first few lines when they all appear on one screen, but as they start to roll the screen with all the lines its not working any more. when i press it, it show wired signs on the screen like ]]2 and so on.

I will try to add second network card on the PCI slot and see if it will work.

There are any list of network card that working with it?

Hmmmm strange, will try it on my build.

There is a list on the first page but my card is not listed so must have just got lucky with compatibility :razz:

Hello,

After installing the SA on my windows 8 pro pc I search for server and find none. When I look on my router I can see the IP address that allocated for this computer and I can ping it, but the SA can't find the server

04.Search the DSM booting box by Synology Assistant (SA) and provide "DS411-1067-x86-20130525.pat" to SA.

Your nic not supported by kernel.

The DSM 2.3 was very old kernel, maybe have bugs or few nic device id in kernel, so unable to support your nic.

Hello,

Your nic not supported by kernel.

The DSM 2.3 was very old kernel, maybe have bugs or few nic device id in kernel, so unable to support your nic.

Do I need to disable the on board nic when I add PCI nic?

How come that My router that set to DHCP show on the device list that there are host called DiskStation and it got valid IP number from the router (And I can ping it). I was thinking that it will not get IP if there are no driver for the card?

How come that My router that set to DHCP show on the device list that there are host called DiskStation and it got valid IP number from the router (And I can ping it). I was thinking that it will not get IP if there are no driver for the card?

Just insert supported NIC on MB are enough, there are pci id tables inside kernel, if the table unable to mapping your device, maybe cause unable 100% drived.

is there a mirror for this file? I can't download the file.

error message (translated) : "Invalid link. The linked file is no longer shared."

The Asus Web Storage page still live, but very easy to run out of my bandwidth, usually 00:10 will reach everyday.

There are new build and fix some fatal bugs, for prevent unnecessary confusion, so I kill the google link.

Overall saying, this is not success build to me, and few feedback about this release, means not much people need it.

So I won't release any new build for x86 DSM here.

The latest build have able to modify volume layout and format as EXT4.

Before:

0.jpg.95aa0641a7268a56aab3133503dde478.jpgExample-3.jpg[/attachment]

Before.jpg.98ef292ef96b069434b3536435ce0feb.jpg

Example-3.jpg.50c57fbdef0f9bc40553ca70bdb9baf3.jpg

Just insert supported NIC on MB are enough, there are pci id tables inside kernel, if the table unable to mapping your device, maybe cause unable 100% drived.

Hi,

So I tried to install new network card, same results (Not working).

So I installed ubuntu 12.04 server on it and run lspci -v I will not post the all results as it big but I will post the two network cards:

02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82547EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology GA-8IPE1000 Pro2 motherboard (865PE)

Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 18

Memory at fa000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

I/O ports at 9000

Capabilities:

Kernel driver in use: e1000

Kernel modules: e1000

03:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet Pro 100 (rev 0d)

Subsystem: Intel Corporation EtherExpress PRO/100 S Server Adapter

Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21

Memory at fa125000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

I/O ports at a000

Memory at fa100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)

Capabilities:

Kernel driver in use: e100

Kernel modules: e100

The first one is the on board the second one is the PCI both are supported by the list in the first page of the thread. the first is e1000 and the second is e100.

So I assume its not a network card issue. Ig you have more ideas I will be happy to try it.

second I try to figure out how to connect serial cable from com1 to com on my laptop so I can get the boot information, I try to use minicom on my laptop but I don't get any thing.

any one know how to do it? I enabled com1 on the server computer, connected com1 from the server to the com on my laptop, on the laptop I installed minicom and configure it.

but i don't see any reaction there.

odie82544, this build for x86 is great, and I hope it will work as I have 4 platform on the way to run with it.

Thanks for you great work and help.

So I tried to install new network card, same results (Not working).

So I installed ubuntu 12.04 server on it and run lspci -v I will not post the all results as it big but I will post the two network cards:

02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82547EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Subsystem: Giga-byte Technology GA-8IPE1000 Pro2 motherboard (865PE)

Kernel driver in use: e1000

Kernel modules: e1000

03:01.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82557/8/9/0/1 Ethernet Pro 100 (rev 0d)

Kernel driver in use: e100

Kernel modules: e100

The first one is the on board the second one is the PCI both are supported by the list in the first page of the thread. the first is e1000 and the second is e100.

So I assume its not a network card issue. Ig you have more ideas I will be happy to try it.

second I try to figure out how to connect serial cable from com1 to com on my laptop so I can get the boot information, I try to use minicom on my laptop but I don't get any thing.

any one know how to do it? I enabled com1 on the server computer, connected com1 from the server to the com on my laptop, on the laptop I installed minicom and configure it.

but i don't see any reaction there.

I had try to install on Intel P4 socket 478 FSB800 CPU with 865 chipset yesterday, its really not easy to sucess install .

I am considering the reason as below:

01.Comparing to the DSM 2.3 and DSM 4.2, the code and kernel are really too old, suppose have lots of issues.

02.The e100 or most old PCI/PCI-X 10/100 NIC usually need "Firmware" file to initial in Linux OS, at my side, I also unable to let my 82599 LOM work properly. (only works on 10M)

03.Most of the old x86 cpmputers use Award BIOS, the Award BIOS seems not do very well between IDE and SATA HDD switching.

I use SATA HDD and turn it to IDE compatibility mode in BIOS, also got fail installation results.

All problems came from unable to success install by DSM 2.3, if you can install DSM 2.3 and turn to DSM 4.2, suppose the controller or NIC issues will solved.

I will suggest you to try Realtek gigabits NIC for PCI-33 (r8168 series), I am sure it can work in DSM 2.3, because one of my P3-733 just work with it.

About the Intel 82547, I have lots of it, mine are pci-66, I am sure the Intel 82547 (e1000) can work propely in DSM 2.3, no matter VMware or VirtualBOX (those virtual machine all default set as e1000).

If you also want to use iSCSI in x86, I can let you know that you should give up now, there are some DSM 4.2 programs relate to iSCSI portion are x64 only.

Overall saying, this is not success build to me, and few feedback about this release, means not much people need it.

So I won't release any new build for x86 DSM here.

I think it it a great achievement to get this install up and running, no matter if there is a massive need for it or not.

If you are pulling support is there any way of loading additional NIC drivers into the Synology DS3612xs - DSM 4.2 build 3202 install?

This install works fine on my setup but the Synology DS3612xs - DSM 4.2 build 3202 does not detect in SA.

I gave up on the P4, I tried 6 different PCI network cards with no success.

But I have two old dell dimension 4100 P3 1Ghz, its around same age of your P3, so I hope that the drivers more compatible.

I will try it today and let you know if its work better.

In the same time I will try the regular version on computer with ATOM cpu.

Thanks for the help, I hope that I will have better news after the installation today.

I just finished to install it on the P3 1GHz and i'm there.

I have Synology DSM 4.2 up and running.

after I was able to connect to it can I take the usb key out? or it need to stay in for the next time that i need to boot?

after I was able to connect to it can I take the usb key out? or it need to stay in for the next time that i need to boot?

It needs to stay in for reboot and BIOS should be left configured to boot from USB only (first)

It needs to stay in for reboot and BIOS should be left configured to boot from USB only (first)

Is it possible to set it up that the GRUB boot will reside on the local disk? I can add a dedicated disk for that if needed.

Is it possible to set it up that the GRUB boot will reside on the local disk? I can add a dedicated disk for that if needed.

You probably can use a small IDE drive for that, but in my books its a waste of space inside the case, waste of harddrive port and extra heat and power usage. With prices on USB flash drives as they are today why not use it? You only need 256-512MB one.