XPEnology Community

Synology RS3413xs+ DSM 4.2-3211 x86

Hi everyone. I managed to update my setup using the img and pat file supplied in this thread. Thank you very much worked a treat. Just wondering though if anyone else has noticed the following. Some one from China keeps trying to SSH into the Box. ( I say china as thats where the IP is originating from)?

Change sn by edit vender file will resolve this problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've some problems with this release on my NAS. I have an old Qnap SS-839 Pro with an Intel Atom N270 and only 32-bit-support. I replaced the standard 128MB-IDE-DOM with a new one (2GB).

This release starts like a charm in a virtual machine, but on my I'm stuck on booting the first bootimage (DS411-1067-x86-20130525.img). The NAS Linux seems to be starting, but then the screen goes black and the system hangs.

I don't know exactly when it hangs, but when I compare the bootup, it can't be this far to the login-prompt.

Can anyone provide some help here?

Is it possible to replace the kernel with a working one...like ubuntu?

I've some experience with linux, but I'm not an expert...e.g. I've never compiled my own kernel.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Tobi

Hi,

I've some problems with this release on my NAS. I have an old Qnap SS-839 Pro with an Intel Atom N270 and only 32-bit-support. I replaced the standard 128MB-IDE-DOM with a new one (2GB).

This release starts like a charm in a virtual machine, but on my I'm stuck on booting the first bootimage (DS411-1067-x86-20130525.img). The NAS Linux seems to be starting, but then the screen goes black and the system hangs.

I don't know exactly when it hangs, but when I compare the bootup, it can't be this far to the login-prompt.

Can anyone provide some help here?

Is it possible to replace the kernel with a working one...like ubuntu?

I've some experience with linux, but I'm not an expert...e.g. I've never compiled my own kernel.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Tobi

you don't need to login the console, read carefully the installation steps

Thanks for your reply!

I knew that. In fact, I tried to install on an virtual machine, too. There all works flawless!

On the Qnap-NAS I did not try to login. I just ment the screen goes black a few lines before the login-promt. Maybe this helps to find out, what at the starting-process causes my problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm unable to install this in Virtualbox. Have anyone managed to get this running?

Successful until; 07.Login into DSM from Web UI, create the HDD volume/space you want. (the SA will show the DSM version as 1.0.1000 now)

Here it only prints:

Wrong HDD number [11]

Wrong HDD number [12]

I've managed to run other versions in my Virtualbox environment but I'll need a working x86 version.

Thanks in advance,

Olle

• 1 month later...

seems i have been bitten by the sata_mv issue that has been fixed in the main release i think. The DSM 2.3 kernel in this guide works all fine and my Thecus boots all ok but when i get to step 12 and go to boot into the DSM 4.2 kernel my drives spin up but dont seem to reach running state and the nas just freezes. The kernel in 4.2 is not as verbose when booting as the 2.3 kernel so i dont have any specific errors. Any ideas here?

• 3 weeks later...

Using RS3413xs_3211-x86-20130525, a 32MB USB drive, a Commell LV-675 and a Promise TX4310 controller I had problems getting the hard drive recognized. I tried all four SATA-ports the controller; on port 3 and 4, the installation would not continue with the disk format, but when connected to port 2 everything worked! Once installed, ports 3 and 4 worked. Perhaps folks having problems with SIL-based controllers when installing should try with all the available SATA-port?

A newer version than RS3413xs_3211-x86-20130525 is also available in China; the newer version dated 20130802 supports EXT4 and WOL, as far as I can tell.

I have found it on the Chinese NAS-site here: http://nas1.cn/thread-68929-1-3.html

It can be downloaded from here (very slow!): http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=791559 ... 61&third=0

Google-translate lists the features as follows:

1.DSM already pre-installed, you can start the brush into the RAW file

(2) support EXT4 file system format

3 Support Sandisk CZ33 PID / VID and ax88179 USB 3.0 card

4. grab physical NIC address

5 support WOL

Other than the boot-drive, the newer version doesn't use a .pat-file, but instead it looks like it contains a pre-configured hard-drive image in EXT4 format, compressed to an .IMG-file to be put onto a harddrive. Login details/user/pass: admin.

Has anyone tried the newer version dated 20130802?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

i'm fairly new to xpenology. i have managed to run it in virtual box just to see if i can get it working. now i was trying to re-use an ancient dell precision 650 workstation with two x86 XEON CPUs and 2gb RAM to run xpenology, following the steps as outlined here by the thread starter.

i can boot the image from usb fine and connect to it via the Synology Assistant. when i start the installation, supplying DS411-1067-x86-20130525.pat to SA, i get a server error with code no. 38.

on the servers console i can see the following messages:

EXT3-fs: unable to read superblock

EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock

FAT: unable to read boot sector

NTFS-fs error (device md0): ntfs_fill_super(): Unable to determine device size.

the problem migth be that the RAID adapter that's in the box might not be supported. it's a DELL Perc 320/DC card with 4 SCSI drives attached.

i think it's actually an adaptec controller as the bios configuration and setup menus look a lot like the old adaptec scsi setup menus.

can anybody tell me if i have any chance in using this setup? if not, i might have to buy a PCI SATA card to replace the Perc adapter but i'd like to avoid that for the time being. don't want to throw to much money at the box without knowing if the whole setup will work in the end…

thanks,

o

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi!

I am sorry if this is a double post or something, but I have searched wide and afar I think and not found a solution.

I am trying to install on a Thecus N5200, I am following the guide for x86 as outlined by Trantor, but I always come to a halt with "Booting kernel" after having installed the RS3613xs pat file (step 12), after that I cannot reach the unit, almost as if the NIC is not working (not glowing green, only red/orange) but the NIC works until then, so I think it is weird if that is the problem?

Anyone have a good suggestion?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Polanskiman unpinned this topic
  • 5 years later...