XPEnology Community

DS1511+

jezzy

Hi guys,

I may be off topic, but wondering if you can help.

I've got a dead DS1511+, i think it might be the DOM that has a corrupted firmware.

How can I get a hold of an original DS1511+ DOM firmware? any ideas?

thanks!

Have you tried contacting Synology support because they should be able to offer you some advice. The official Synology community forums would probably be the best place to ask about real Syno hardware. Not that there is any harm asking here you never know someone may have the answer to your problem. If you have already tried the more conventional routes and failed to get an answer forgive me for butting in with useless thoughts.

Good luck.

Yep that's a bummer all right I can think of better ways to drop $400 odd bucks on NAS hardware. The 1511's must be close to being unsupported by synology if they aren't already out of support?

Hopefully someone here can give you some advice on the best approach to take. There are a few members who have given a breath of life to some unsupported synology machines afaik. You may also find someone helpful on the Synology forums if you ask in the right place...maybe in the Underground Modders section?

Well, today's my lucky day.

I did have another DS unit.. a DS1010+ which shares the same components as the DS1511+

I swapped parts around, the logic board in the DS1511+ worked in my DS1010+ !!

Continued swapping parts until I found out the last component that wasn't working correctly.. ready for this??

It's the friggin' PCB with the power switch..! I tinkered with the power button, and .. I've got a fully functional DS1511+

Awesome!

Thanks for the moral support =)