lagging

xDaemon

Question

Hello, I installed it last night, but it lagging a lot, my specs are :

MoBo    GA-B75-D3V (rev. 1.1)
CPU     i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Ram     16GB
BIOS    F9 Last
NIC     Qualcom Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Etherner (rev 10)

Any suggestion what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance! 

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, xDaemon said:

I installed it for testing with 1x 40GB SDD and 1x 1TB HDD

and now still lagging whatever I am doing!

10-12hours untill is installed

Define lagging what exactly laggs? The interface? The opening of spks? What is lagging

2 hours ago, CreerNLD said:

Define lagging what exactly laggs? The interface? The opening of spks? What is lagging

Well, after clicking on Package center is opening after 7-8sec and loading same time or more. . . . . .  now getting this error ''Connection failed. Please check your network and time settings.''

File Station 4-5sec

11 hours ago, xDaemon said:

Well, after clicking on Package center is opening after 7-8sec and loading same time or more. . . . . .  now getting this error ''Connection failed. Please check your network and time settings.''

File Station 4-5sec

Sounds like a faulty internet cable i had this a few days ago. Then realized my cable was fine i went ahead and started to check the dsm bootloader config if my network address was alright. Maybe u forgot one letter that's causing it.

Alternatively, i went ahead disabled cache writing in hdd section to see if this would do something, then i preformed all smart tests on detailed not the quick one. All came back fine and then turned cache writing back on again.

This did the trick for me, ever since that; no more issues.

Maybe your pool is corrupted somehow. Try to recreate the pool and give the system a full reboot.

Check ur network address while ur at it. 

Usually the connection failed message in my experience pops up when the server is doing several things in the background, god knows what.

Maybe the issue is simpler than it seems; perhaps ur running a wrong dsm with a slightly mismatched bootloader? You didn't mention us what dsm version and bootloader version ur on. Could you find out if any of my tips works? Then give us some insight on the dsm version and bootloader you use

1 hour ago, CreerNLD said:

Sounds like a faulty internet cable i had this a few days ago. Then realized my cable was fine i went ahead and started to check the dsm bootloader config if my network address was alright. Maybe u forgot one letter that's causing it.

Alternatively, i went ahead disabled cache writing in hdd section to see if this would do something, then i preformed all smart tests on detailed not the quick one. All came back fine and then turned cache writing back on again.

This did the trick for me, ever since that; no more issues.

Maybe your pool is corrupted somehow. Try to recreate the pool and give the system a full reboot.

Check ur network address while ur at it. 

Usually the connection failed message in my experience pops up when the server is doing several things in the background, god knows what.

Maybe the issue is simpler than it seems; perhaps ur running a wrong dsm with a slightly mismatched bootloader? You didn't mention us what dsm version and bootloader version ur on. Could you find out if any of my tips works? Then give us some insight on the dsm version and bootloader you use

Those are the files:  Loader 1.03b   DSM 6.2.3

But now after restart seems to be OK. Thanks for fast answers guys,

and hope in future if i have (and I am sure will, because I am noob) any problems you will help me! ;)

Thanks again!