XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900 freezes when moving data in lan

endormmc

Hi

I started this new thread because in the main Q1900 thread there is too much different info about this mobo, and I only want to focus on this error

The system freezes when copying data to/from xpenology. Sometimes after a large amount of data ~40-50GB sometimes after only copying only a few MB (350MB, for example Vmware esxi 6 iso). As I have 2 mobos, I installed bare metal xpenology in one and in the other one I tried with no success installing:

- Xenserver 6.5

- Vmware esxi 6 beta (from VMware-VMvisor-Installer-6.0.0-2159203.x86_64.iso)

- Opensuse 13.2 (well I succeded, but no lan)

After I installed opensuse and found that no lan was working I searched and found this https://unixblogger.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/the-pain-of-an-realtek-rtl8111rtl8168-ethernet-card/ and after try the solution opensuse works ok, at least for now.

I suppose that's it's only a problem of drivers, but it seems that nobody with this mobo using xpenology have this lan error, I don't know what to think. I would like to compile the drivers and add them to the usb boot but I don't know how to do it. I tried searching in the forum but I don't find any information that is suitable for me, again, too much information mixed with errors on threads.

I'm not asking information for install xenserver nor vmware or hyper-v, so please don't post information about this. I would like to maintain this thread as clean as possible. I only wanna know if this error is only happening to me, even that I have 2 mobos, or someone else is having it too, and if it's possible to add drivers to solve this issue. If you have this mobo and everything is ok, please post your machine specs. Thank you!

Mi machines specs:

Asrock q1900 + 4gb RAM

BIOS 1.40

DSM 5.0-4493 booting from NB_x64_5032_DSM_50-4493_Xpenology_nl.img

Pat file used: DSM_DS3612xs_4493.pat

I think is a good idea to make a section about the asrock q1900 mobo in the forum as I see there a lot of people that owns one. I can't send messages to site admin, so if anyone could sned a pm to site admins, please ask for a section about Asrock Q1900 mobo....

Hello,

I have same LAN hanging problem experienced on a Q2900 system, very annoying as I installed this 800kms away to look after my parents storage needs. I had the hanging problem initially when loading 3x4Tb of external disk data across LAN , probably 4 hangs in all. After the data transfer finished it seemed to run well for a month or so, but now any small copies I kick off seem to generate a fault again.

I also am using DSM 5.0-4493 , hopefully one of the other builds will fix this next time i have reason to visit the family up there, otherwise I will look at ripping the mobo out & installing something more robust.

Hi,

I tested almost 2 months with 4528, and the errors where the same. Now I installed win7 on this mobo and it works almost at 100%, sometimes the image flicks, so I'm gonna send it back to Amazon hoping they replace this mobo as I think is faulty.

Have a Q1900 also, running DSM5.0 4493 update 5, Nanoboot-5.0.2.4 DSM 5.0-4482. Same type of problem.

Appears to be worst when moving a file from nas to nas trough external PC, hangs after a couple of seconds.

So I select cut in windows explorer, move to another directory and do a paste.

When just moving files to and from NAS it appears to be OK.

As some people do not have the problem, maybe a BIOS setting that is causing the problem?

My Q2900 system on DSM 4493 was being too troublesome , so I managed to wrangle my elderly parents through the steps of adding a hdmi cable / switching USB drive & hitting enter on the Nanoboot Install option in order to migrate to 4528.

Although the DSM upgrade went well, it took a few minutes only to generate the same LAN hanging problem on this release. Looks like this system will be pulled out next time I am up there as its reliability is a liability.

Also, a PM question arrived but i could find no way to respond, it appears USB storage devices are not showing inside DSM - so i suspect the USB driver is also not supported properly.

My Q2900 system on DSM 4493 was being too troublesome , so I managed to wrangle my elderly parents through the steps of adding a hdmi cable / switching USB drive & hitting enter on the Nanoboot Install option in order to migrate to 4528.

Although the DSM upgrade went well, it took a few minutes only to generate the same LAN hanging problem on this release. Looks like this system will be pulled out next time I am up there as its reliability is a liability.

Also, a PM question arrived but i could find no way to respond, it appears USB storage devices are not showing inside DSM - so i suspect the USB driver is also not supported properly.

Probably a wrong bios setting, I have 2 usb disks and a usb flash drive showing up just fine...

Tried loading the r8168 and the r8169_new modules for the NIC to see if that would improve matters, but both gave me problems with SSH connections. Strangely, webserver remained accessible.