XPEnology Community

using Gigabyte GA-E2100N mini ITX Motherboard

anichhatre

Hello Friends:

I am planning to buy "Gigabyte GA-E2100N Motherboard" for my Xpenology setup, it has 2x Sata3 ports and works on low power.

Please let me know if anyone has used this board OR please tell me if it will be compatible for Xpenology installation.

Thanks,

Aniruddha

I see ASRock Q1900-ITX also has only 2 SATA3 ports, I compared this with ASRock C70M1 (4 SATA3 ports) and Gigabyte GA-E2100N (2 SATA3 ports)

also cost wise Gigabyte GA-E2100N is cheaper than Q1900-ITX.

I want to know if Epenology will work with Gigabyte GA-E2100N board, I want to use only 8TB Storage (WD RED 4TB X2) so no need for more SATA ports.

Thank you for your inputs

I see ASRock Q1900-ITX also has only 2 SATA3 ports, I compared this with ASRock C70M1 (4 SATA3 ports) and Gigabyte GA-E2100N (2 SATA3 ports)

also cost wise Gigabyte GA-E2100N is cheaper than Q1900-ITX.

I want to know if Epenology will work with Gigabyte GA-E2100N board, I want to use only 8TB Storage (WD RED 4TB X2) so no need for more SATA ports.

Thank you for your inputs

There are different Q1900 boards. The Q1900-ITX has 2x SATA 3 and 2x SATA 2.

For normal HDD you won't need more than SATA 2 (3Gbps/8=375MBps)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I have ordered ASRock C70M1 board which has 4xSATA3 ports. This mini itx mobo requires low power as amd C70 CPU consume only 9w TDP.

Thank you

Advantage: With a PCI-E x16 SATA adapter, you can have lots of HDDs on that MoBo

Disadvantage: Not sure how it will work with Xpenology and less suited for Virtualization as it has only 2cores

Please post your findings. We're keen to see results.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk