XPEnology Community

XPEnoboot Boot Image Will Not Work On MicroServer Gen8

Alot of people using XPEno have come from Synology devices themselves I guess (I know I have) hence have some grounding how it works already.

I'm having the same problem as you though with eth0 not running, regardless of what I try

Thanks, don?t know, why the xpenology guys do not describe that in their tutorial:(

Its an adaptation of Synology DSM to run on generic hardware. Synology documentation still applied for most of the parts. You expected to understand the basic functionality of Synology and difference while applying it to third party hardware.

I was getting the errors with eth0/eth1 not running. The machine wasn't receiving an IP via DHCP for some reason however I configured a static IP on the HP and then it connected fine (changed back to DHCP once setup).

I generated the password for the day which changes daily then ifconfig'ed a static ip. https://wrgms.com/synologys-secret-telnet-password/

Hope it helps someone!

There is different procedure for each type of updates. This particular small update can be done via web interface control panel directly, but most likely will require one or two complete restarts (maybe even with hardware power button)