XPEnology Community

help expanding a shr one disk volume

aniel

Question

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, flyride said:

Which part specifically are you having trouble with?  Can you post some commands and results?

thank you very much for replying. attached is a screenshot of where i am getting stuck and the same thing happens whether i clone the disk (vmdk, vhd virtual disk) or i use the "migration assistant" which i think also clone the volume. 

TWYSkBg.png

You have an non-standard configuration on this disk.  In the example, partition #3 and #5 overlap.  This may be a primary/extended partition configuration (which is not supported by DSM as far as I know). 

It MIGHT work if you also deleted partition #3 and then explicitly added the new partition at LBA 9453280, but if the internal configuration at the start of an extended partition is not the same as a primary, it might also make your data inaccessible.

Honestly, I have no idea if it would work.  Have a backup.

am happy to report that after doing what u recommended it worked. i went ahead and deleted partition 3, the added a new primary partition with firs sector "9453280" and follow the rest of steps for lvm and that did the trick, thank you very much, god bless you. 

Edited by aniel